Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't use my front or rear wiper jets for 2 days. Yes, it's been about 10 degrees the last couple of days in NY, but I thought wiper fluid wasn't supposed to freeze.

I heard the pump running, but nothing was coming out of jets. Anyway, I disconnect the front tubes that run under the hood and drained them the best way that I could.

They finally worked. I got the rear fixed by constantly pumping the fluid until it finally broke through whatever ice was there.

Anyone have this kind of problem with freezing in the lines?

·
Registered
176 Posts
"Washer fluid"???

Most washer fluid has enough alcholo in it to be be freeze proof to -20.

You might want to check what is your 'tank". Although it is cheaper to "roll your own" I usually just pick up the ready to use fluid for under a buck at Menards (a regional discount home center/lumber yard).

BTW I think the MDX has little heaters around the nozzles, you could investigate the possibility of retrofitting those...

·
Registered
991 Posts
Get fluid with "Teflon" This stuff is the best I have ever used.. Not only does it melt the ice on your windshield, it does not leave the frozen smear when you vehicle is still cold.. Especially in the morning when you are trying to get to work.. It also will not freeze in the lines.

The blue fluid and the pink fluid does not compare at all to Teflon windshield fluid..

rob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts