Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the jet clogged pushing the fluid up?
Jets are clean and spray great. But since day one they shoot too far up. They hit the center of the windshield at 60mph, under that I think I loose half of it to the person it back of me Lol. I've looked at them and their doesn't seem to be any type of adjustment or nothing that I can see. The only option I see is possible putting in some kind of shim. Its very possible they are working correctly, I just don't like where they hit the windshield.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Is there anyway to adjust the spray of the front windshield washers? I'm tired of loosing half the fluid or the top of the car

Thanks
Based on what I read elsewhere in this forum, those aren't windshield washers, they are anti-tailgating devices.

If you don't mind tailgaters, you can adjust the nozzles with a pin or small paperclip. Keep in mind if you adjust them without any compensation for apparent wind at speed, they will shoot too low when under way.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Based on what I read elsewhere in this forum, those aren't windshield washers, they are anti-tailgating devices.

If you don't mind tailgaters, you can adjust the nozzles with a pin or small paperclip. Keep in mind if you adjust them without any compensation for apparent wind at speed, they will shoot too low when under way.
I tried adjusting them with a pin yesterday, couldn't get them to move at all. I didn't put too much pressure on them because I didn't want to break anything. I had stopped at a Honda dealer last week and nobody in service or parts could tell me if they were adjustable or not LOL

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
I tried adjusting them with a pin yesterday, couldn't get them to move at all. I didn't put too much pressure on them because I didn't want to break anything. I had stopped at a Honda dealer last week and nobody in service or parts could tell me if they were adjustable or not LOL
I've not had to adjust them on the Pilot, but have on various other cars I've owned across many brands. If they won't adjust on the Pilot for some reason, just replace them with ones that do. On something like that, I wouldn't bother with OEM as they all look alike and serve the same function.

Having said that, you might want to give it another try since even if you break them, they're cheap and easy to replace.

--EDIT-- Ok, you got my curiosity up. I don't do this for everyone, but being the nice guy you are, I mean the nice guy I am doing the Honda parts/service job for them ... I went and took a close look at my Pilot's washer nozzles and took a picture. You'll notice they seem to be in a ball joint of sorts and there's a rectangular housing where the water comes out. So you should be able to move them with a small screwdriver bearing on the outside bottom of the rectangular housing (see arrow).

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I've not had to adjust them on the Pilot, but have on various other cars I've owned across many brands. If they won't adjust on the Pilot for some reason, just replace them with ones that do. On something like that, I wouldn't bother with OEM as they all look alike and serve the same function.

Having said that, you might want to give it another try since even if you break them, they're cheap and easy to replace.

--EDIT-- Ok, you got my curiosity up. I don't do this for everyone, but being the nice guy you are, I mean the nice guy I am doing the Honda parts/service job for them ... I went and took a close look at my Pilot's washer nozzles and took a picture. You'll notice they seem to be in a ball joint of sorts and there's a rectangular housing where the water comes out. So you should be able to move them with a small screwdriver bearing on the outside bottom of the rectangular housing (see arrow).
View attachment 143361
Thanks for the help!
What year is your Pilot? Mine is a 2019, looks like this.....Just tried again, won't budge

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Thanks for the help!
What year is your Pilot? Mine is a 2019, looks like this.....Just tried again, won't budge
You're welcome, sorry it didn't help. Mine is a 2012. Yours looks the same ... I don't know what else to suggest other than having the dealer or a good mechanic do it. If it breaks they eat it unless they tell you off the bat you need new ones.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot EX-L AWD, 265-60-18 Defender LTX M/S
517 Posts
Hard to tell, mine seem to hit fine. It looks like that whole rectangle might move not just the center where it sprays from. small screwdriver between top of rectangle and rounded part above then either twist or pry down slightly (unless that is what you already tried)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts