Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Front Washer Not Working - Rear is

8K views 24 replies 7 participants last post by  pfitzsim 
#1 ·
Trying to trouble shoot the following and was wondering if any others have the same issue. My front windshield washer is not spraying nor is the pump kicking in, however the rear is working fine. Clearly it's not the pump itself so not sure where else the problem may exist. Any thoughts/opinions greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

#3 ·
Thanks - would it be the switch if the wipers themselves were working and the rear wiper and spray are working? Silly question but is there one pump for both the front and rear spray? Just thinking out loud but if so the rear could be find and the front broken (if it exists). Thanks.

#8 ·
Not sure if there is a dedicated fuse for the front pump, but might check for that as well.

Reactions: Nail Grease
#9 ·
I'm going to assume the pump is done - no noise at all when it is 'turned on'. In the interim I was able to break where the nozzle connects to the line on the hood itself when attempting to see if there may have been some sort of block. I guess that will be repair #2 once I replace the pump :-(

#10 ·
Hopefully that's it and not the switch. You could always test to see if your getting power. If the connectors are the same for both pumps might plug the working pump into the other connector and test the power that way if you don't have an Ohm meter.

Reactions: road2cycle
#11 ·
Also plug in rear’s connector into front pump to check if the front pump turns on or not.

Reactions: PHM and Nail Grease
#20 ·
Front now working like a charm - other than the washer fluid spraying everywhere as I broke the passenger nozzle while trouble shooting. So a few hours later and I'm not without front or rear washers :) I'm guessing nozzle is a dealership item vs over the counter? Thanks.

#23 ·
ok - I replaced the failed pump and put everything back in place. Both motors working fine, however, I now have a leak from what I believe is the rear pump. Any thoughts on why this might be. I have pushed it down nice and snug so I don't think it's as a result of a poor fit. Thanks.

#24 ·
Did you replace o-rings?
Did you cut off a small section of the old hose where it connects to the barb? I’m not sure if it has the barb, just guessing at this point. The end of the old hose might be a bit stretched out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.