Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody, im in the process of checking my front suspension and subframe torque. Does anyone here knows the torque specs for such. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
Hi everybody, im in the process of checking my front suspension and subframe torque. Does anyone here knows the torque specs for such. Thank you in advance.
This is what I found out there on the internet. Seems kinda high, but they are large bolts. Use with caution.

Reactions: Franku

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Hi everybody, im in the process of checking my front suspension and subframe torque. Does anyone here knows the torque specs for such
The provided torque specs are similar to what I used for my first gen Pilot. Why are you checking your subframe bolts?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The provided torque specs are similar to what I used for my first gen Pilot. Why are you checking your subframe bolts?
My pilot steers to the left when I accelerate, I was advised to check the subframe bolts.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
My pilot steers to the left when I accelerate, I was advised to check the subframe bolts.
Unless there has been an accident or severe impact the subframe should not need adjustment. No harm in confirming torque but other issues could be involved. Good alignment shop or mechanic ought to be able to eliminate some variables.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Toe is changing and affecting steering. Limited options: control arm is moving and/or tie rod has play. Tie rods and ends are easy and normal wear parts anyway. Lower control arm isn't tough to replace if the end bushings are worn/leaking. Check the lower ball joint, using a pry bar and a dial indicator to ID play in that joint. There is a pretty limited list of causes available.

Reactions: aggrex
1 - 6 of 6 Posts