Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mechanic can do either single part installs, or just use a quick assembly. Any known issues with the quick assemblies? brands to pick or stay away from?

i think i'm also doing stabilizer bar links and sway bushings.

...and bank 1 cat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you have a mechanic doing them then which ever option is the cheapest route. I've installed many and always suggest a completed strut as it takes less time. But prices vary on completed as per part. So either option that makes it affordable to you. As for brands. I haven't had many problems with parts from the box dealers like O'Reilly or AutoZone and Advance. Napa is generally more expensive, but make the closest to an OEM comparison. So really it comes down to price.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I used myself monroe quick struts from rock auto on my 06 ..fast shipping and they were no issues putting them on!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
10-4. tx.

also have to decide on brand of bank 1 cat, and if i preemptively get the o2 sensors replaced right away

·
Registered
17 Posts
Check out full assemblies on rock auto's website. They have the best pricing I've found so far. I've usually bought Monroe but that's just my preference.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Before making a decision you need to know which parts are bad. I diagnosed and replaced right strut and 2 front sway bar links. I did work myself, so if I need to replace left strut in 6 months or so, it is not a big deal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts