Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Community,

Does anyone have any experience with CV axles purchased from RockAuto? I am in particular interested about TrakMotive brand (this is the only brand they have for passenger side front cv axle with ❤ attached to the description). I could have purchased from Amazon DTA brand but made decision to go with RockAuto.
Before I installed it, would someone be able to comment your experience on reliability and/or quality?

I also got KYB front struts from them (with ❤ attached). Figured, if I do cv axle, might as well replace struts due to originals slowly going bad.

Thank you

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Hello Community,

Does anyone have any experience with CV axles purchased from RockAuto? I am in particular interested about TrakMotive brand (this is the only brand they have for passenger side front cv axle with ❤ attached to the description). I could have purchased from Amazon DTA brand but made decision to go with RockAuto.
Before I installed it, would someone be able to comment your experience on reliability and/or quality?

I also got KYB front struts from them (with ❤ attached). Figured, if I do cv axle, might as well replace struts due to originals slowly going bad.

Thank you
My experience with aftermarket CV Axles is they are not as heavy duty. The shaft is smaller in diameter.

Reactions: FromCTtoNJ

·
Registered
19 Posts
I installed a driver's side Cardone axle in June 2020 (did not replace the oil seal) and have had no problems until I got back from a 10,000 mile two month trip to Arizona in Jan and Feb. 2021. I have a fluid leak in the area of the inner CV boot and steering rack boot. After washing everything clean and driving locally for a couple weeks it does not appear to be coming from the steering rack but it's too early to tell for sure that it is coming from the inner CV joint. Are you satisfied with your TrakMotive?
2012 Pilot EX 4WD 90,000 miles.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went with Trakmotive and KYB front struts.
The next time I purchase something from RockAuto I will be very careful evaluating each product. Axle appeared to be new but with one issue - the bracket with bearing (the one in the middle of axle that attaches to the engine) was supposed to be aluminum but it was made of steel. My mechanic was surprised because he has never seen anything like this. It was too late to return because we barely managed to pull out the old one out and it was not going back again (we damaged aluminum bracket when trying to take this thing out). New axle bracket holes did not align perfectly so, once again, we had to improvise. I double checked - it is exact axle model for my Honda Pilot.

The first 1000 miles or so everything was smooth but then vibration has returned (I attribute it solely to axle). I think that bearing won’t hold for 100k original did. So, my advice would be to spend $100 more and purchase genuine Honda axle.

Regarding KYB struts I have no complains.
They work the same way my old did.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts