Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had a bull bar that was in an accident and is no more. My question is has anyone ever removed or replaced that plastic piece that is inbetween the front bumper and the under carriage guard? How?!

·
Registered
176 Posts
It looks like there are tabs that hold the top part to the bumper cover and screws in the bottom.

Here is the garnish by itself on eBay so you can get an idea. Also, I would looks up used front bumper covers on eBay to get an idea of what the bottom looks like without the garnish.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Unless the splash shield underneath attaches to the garnish, I'd pop it off and see how it looks without it. It's easy enough to get a new one and slap it on if you don't like the look or things are exposed/not connected anymore.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya. Actually im an out of work single mom. I can't replace it at the moment so I just want it off. I might try to make it look better or maybe just leave it off but I cant get it off. Do I have to take off the whole front grill/bumper? I can. I have time but I would rather not...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It looks like there are tabs that hold the top part to the bumper cover and screws in the bottom.

Here is the garnish by itself on eBay so you can get an idea. Also, I would looks up used front bumper covers on eBay to get an idea of what the bottom looks like without the garnish.

This is a piece similar but its not shaped like mine. Mine is a 2015 ex-l...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unless the splash shield underneath attaches to the garnish, I'd pop it off and see how it looks without it. It's easy enough to get a new one and slap it on if you don't like the look or things are exposed/not connected anymore.
How does it "pop off" lol

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Alright I get it. Its got two bolts on the ends and clips in between. I don't think i can get to those clips without taking the bumper off. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Alright I get it. Its got two bolts on the ends and clips in between. I don't think i can get to those clips without taking the bumper off. Thanks guys!
If its anything like my '04 the lower plastic trim has plastic clips along the bottom and several screws on the inside which could be tough under the Pilot unless you remove the lower splash shield. Once the lower plastic trim is removed the two steel mounting plates for the bull bar will be exposed. The lower plastic trim has been cut/modified for the bull bar mounting plates and you probably want to remove those two steel mounting plates.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
It looks great, nice job!

Reactions: Nail Grease
1 - 16 of 16 Posts