Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this issue has come up before but I’m wondering if my situation is something different. The map lights in the front seat don’t come on when I unlock the car or open the door. They also don’t come on when I turn the switch on (for the lights to always come on).

Now this is the weird part. If I press the lights on, they both will come on. If I then the switch for all lights to stay off, those map lights will stay on.

I’ve replaced those switches (the ones that commonly go bad) with ones from the junkyard and nothing seems to have changed. Should I just go ahead and buy new switches? I’m also thinking of swapping that whole assembly with a junkyard one and seeing if that makes any difference.

I just switched all the other interior lights to LED and I was hoping to do the map ones too, but I want to get this figured out first.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Agree, buy new ones . OEM ones are cheap on Amazon and EBay
Funnily enough, I took the map light assembly down, took the switches off, pushed them back in place and everything works fine now! I think I must have not pushed them in far enough when I put in the new ones. We'll see how long this lasts!

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,238 Posts
I loves me a happy ending, especially one you don't have to wait too long for. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts