Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dome light problem

I tried to post in this thread, which covers the problem well and has some very helpful pictures (on page 2, credit to @georgevail), but at the end of the thread, instead of a reply box, it just says, "You have insufficient privileges to reply here."

Why, oh why?
Which one of my transgressions am I being punished for?
<- Ok, maybe that one.
...almost.

Anywhosits, if you have one or both front dome lights that are not working properly, and there are several permutations of that (i.e., it works for some functions but not for others), then once you've eliminated the possibility of a burned out bulb, it's most assuredly the microswitch inside the housing. The job may look a little intimidating, especially if you're trying to figure it out on your own, but with the instructions and photos in the above thread, it ends up being a quick and easy job.

I just did it. I had had the one on the passenger's side on the fritz for a little while, but when the other one, the one on the driver's side, also gave up the ghost, well that's when the clash of the titans between my OCD and my procrastination finally tipped in favor of the former.

The only thing I'd add to that fine and helpful thread (if I only could
) is that if you try to test it before screwing the module back in, it probably won't work right, as I assume one or more of those screws provide a necessary ground.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Well I just went to that thread as my 11 has the issue, new bulb didn't do anything, tried to order the switches to fix it and dammit they are Obsolete and not available. Anyone know another source other than Mouser?

·
Registered
9,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
My o8 has the dome lights now working in the front only for years.
Oh they work when you manually push it on.

I've been meaning to do this too. Now that I'm driving it more, I just might go on and fix it.

·
Registered
9,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Should be getting them quick from RA. If a "wife has been complaining," every day counts. :)

For all you single guys out there with no such imperatives, if you're willing to be patient, you can get them for cheaper. But on the other hand, you won't get the loving appreciation married fellers get... until the next thing. :)

Amazon.com: Koauto 2/Set Dome Lamp Switches For Crosstour Accord CR-V Element Odyssey Pilot New: Automotive

·
Registered
9,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've been meaning to do this too. Now that I'm driving it more, I just might go on and fix it.
And for what I assume are the most of us living in the Northern Hemisphere, have you noticed it’s been getting darker earlier and earlier?

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Should be getting them quick from RA. If a "wife has been complaining," every day counts. :)

For all you single guys out there with no such imperatives, if you're willing to be patient, you can get them for cheaper. But on the other hand, you won't get the loving appreciation married fellers get... until the next thing. :)

Amazon.com: Koauto 2/Set Dome Lamp Switches For Crosstour Accord CR-V Element Odyssey Pilot New: Automotive

Thanks, just broke down and ordered mine thru Prime. $10.33 shipped.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
deleted double post

·
Registered
301 Posts
Ha, yes, it sucks. the light used to work only on door, then stopped completely. I opened the whole shebang up but couldn;t see anything obvious and ran out of time and daylight LOL. I have the garage cleaned out for winter car parking now so I will fix this and the rear shocks when they land and install the winter tires etc.

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,039 Posts
Dome light problem

I tried to post in this thread, which covers the problem well and has some very helpful pictures (on page 2, credit to @georgevail), but at the end of the thread, instead of a reply box, it just says, "You have insufficient privileges to reply here."

Why, oh why? View attachment 141200 Which one of my transgressions am I being punished for? View attachment 141201 <- Ok, maybe that one. View attachment 141202 ...almost.
Well that is weird......Never seen that one before. I don't have sufficient powers either.....

Time for an investigation....

Well. I moved it from "problems" to here and it solved the problem.

·
Registered
9,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
9,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Here is where I bought mine.
Um, you may want to update that link. It goes to Purchase History, which will go to whoever clicks on it's purchase history. Try linking to the product page.

·
Registered
9,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Thanks for catching this. Can you delete the link from your reply too?
Done. :) But don't worry, it wasn't your personal purchase history page. It was a generic link to purchase history which would bring up mine if I clicked on it, or whoever's if they had an account (or maybe cookies). So that time you bought a "Kenny G Plays the Pan Flute" CD and the lavender scented candles will remain a well-guarded secret. :D

·
Registered
9,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If you're thinking about fixing those microswitches and going with LED bulbs, this kit seems like a decent value.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts