Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a front license plate frame that they don't need? I am moving to a state that requires front and rear plates after spending my entire life in states that only do rear plates. My Pilot only has the rear plate frame.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
944 Posts
Anyone have a front license plate frame that they don't need? I am moving to a state that requires front and rear plates after spending my entire life in states that only do rear plates. My Pilot only has the rear plate frame.
I may have mine. I will have to double check and get back to you.

·
Registered
215 Posts
If Jack doesn’t have one mine is still on my Pilot. I can look at it in the morning to make sure it is still in good shape. It was the last time I looked.

·
Registered
6,166 Posts
Pretty sure I still have mine somewhere, too, if the previous posters don't work out. It's just the shipping make be more from Canada.

Another option is a salvage yard in the state you're moving to.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I haven't moved from my residence since '04 so its quite possible mine is somewhere in the hoard pile unless I repurposed it on another project. Perhaps some scrap metal bent to support a license plate would suffice until one could be found.

·
Registered
2008 Pilot EX-L
293 Posts
Can you not just screw the front pate directly, without using a bracket.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I wouldn't want to go drilling holes in my bumper if I can help it.
I thought the brackets were screwed in? So no matter what, you're getting holes.

This reminds me, I have a buddy who sells Lincolns in Palm Beach. In Florida you don't need a front plate.

Someone thought it was a great idea to put front brackets on all their new Lincoln Navigators.
I was like.... spend 60k+ and get holes in your front bumper.

:oops:

·
Registered
6,166 Posts
I thought the brackets were screwed in? So no matter what, you're getting holes.
I’m trying to remember because removing the front license plate bracket was one of the first things I did a long time ago, but I have a vague recollection that they clipped on, on the top of the bumper, and screwed on underneath, behind the bumper. So no visible screw holes.

Can't go out and check right now because my Pilot's not here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, I know there may be screw holes involved somewhere. The factory bracket for my Prius was still in the trunk storage compartment, and it screws into little dimples that are molded into the bumper.

Yes, I know I can get a generic frame from the local parts store.

I prefer the factory bracket, mainly because they seem to be made in a way that they support themselves in several spots, and not just 2 screws into plastic. Since this will be used for a license tag, not just a decoration, and will have to stand up to snow, ice and whatever kind of bushwhacking I need to do to navigate in the frozen tundra, I want it as secure as possible. I have never had to deal with snow, ice, or front tags before, so I really have no idea what kind of abuse they take.

·
Registered
215 Posts
This would suit my needs.
My zip is 31093. Where in Tennessee are you, if you are still there? I will be going thru TN on my way to Iowa on Friday after Thanksgiving.
I live in Murfreesboro between Interstate 24 and 40 (Lebanon) but my parents are in Nashville. If that works I can meet you or leave it on the porch.

·
Registered
517 Posts
On my old 2007 Pilot, front license frame did not survive the encounter with a deer.

Then again, neither did the deer.

Was actually kinda funny. Deer was small, I was going at most 25 mph, and was in a hurry, so I just kept driving.

And then police showed up at my home asking to explain how come they found my front license plate on the road, covered in blood...

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
2,945 Posts
I would go back to the dealer and ask for the bracket. I too live in a rear plate only State and I asked the Honda Dealer why there was a front plate bracket in the car. They advised that Honda provides one for every vehicle since the vehicle are randomly sent from the factory plus, like you, some owners end up moving.

I have several front brackets hanging in the garage from various vehicles.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts