Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a lot of posts and videos about replacing the front mount on the first generation Pilot, but not much on the 2nd generation. My mounts are shot on my 2011 and I've been sitting on the parts for a few months but haven't installed them yet. I'm hoping to get to it this weekend.

The factory service manual makes it aound pretty easy, but requires removal of the radiator. From the looks of it, I should have enough room if I just remove the fan on the driver's side of the radiator and disconnect the top radiator hose (requiring draining of some coolant). Has anyone done it this way before? Or is it best to remove the radiator and both fans entirely ?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I replaced the mount this weekend, and the instructions in the factory service manual are spot on. Removing the radiator gives lots of space to work. It's not a difficult job at all. It took 4 hours total, and at least one hour was spent removing and replacing the small bolts that attach the lower fan shrouds to the radiator.

I replaced the mount because I noticed my passenger side mount was leaking, and I was feeling a lot of driveline slack in stop and go traffic. I was able to see the engine jerking back and forth when the car was shifted between drive and reverse.

After replacing the front mount, I don't feel the driveline slack any more in stop and go traffic however the engine does still move a bit when shifting between reverse and drive. I still have the passenger side mount to replace. I'd like to replace the rear mount as well, however it seems much more complicated because the intermediate shaft has to be removed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts