Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
Great to have this group to communicate with. I read many theads about suspension noise, and decided to do the easiest/cheapest first. I have 158,000 miles on my Pilot. I had a front end rattle for the last 6 months - seems like it was only at low speed. A shop told me I needed combination struts/springs for $700. I said no thanks. I had taken off the wheels and tried to find something loose but didn't. I noticed that the rubber seals on the sway bar links were torn, but still couldn't make them rattle by hand. I read one blog that said to stand on the side of the car and shake it back and forth, and sure enough they rattled then. I had already bought the links from Rock Auto, but was glad when I found the shake test showed it to be the links. Took about an hour to replace, and now no rattle, and only about $40 spent. Time on this site was well spent.
Cheers,
Rick

·
Registered
143 Posts
So you only replaced the links? Awesome. I haven't had any issues with the sway bar, but the consensus here is to usually start with the bushings as its easy and cheap.

--Chris N.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts