Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have experienced noise from the front end that sounds like a rusty hinge moving when going up/down inclines or slowly over speed bumps. Had it checked today and the technician stated that it was just the noise from the struts being compressed. He would check with the Honda engineers and get back to me. Anyone else experiencing this same noise. I have been in several other trucks/SUVs and this does not seem "normal".

·
Registered
2 Posts
clicking on drivers side

I have the clicking noise.Brought this to the attention of the service advisor and he did think I was high on something.I mentioned this web site and he just blew me off.His reasoning is if it isn't on the Honda tech line then it doesn't exist.I took it in also for the "scrunching" window and he also didn't believe me.The mechanic did find a leaky transmission which he has yet put back together.I'm very dissatisfied with the dealer and the car. I now wish I had bought the MDX.I would at least have a loaner to drive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the noise i am experiencing is not the clicking but rather from the springs or struts in the front end - inclines and speed bumps at a slow speed seem to make it the loudest

·
Registered
1 Posts
Front suspension noise

Your noise may be due to the strut upper mount(s) rubbing on weld burrs. Your dealer should check with Honda Tech Line on this.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hmmm. . .I dorve my wife's Pilot today for a 4 hour trip to our market office (had to pick up some huge trade displays) and noticed the same noise but did'nt really focus on it much. It was nice to drive the Pilot today!;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts