Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a question for those that have or are considering the front end protection film for thier Pilots...

1 - What specifically did you or are you going to buy?
2 - From whom did you or are you going to purchase it from?

I have been doing a little research on this and have found some serious cost differences. Stongard (http://www.stoneguard.com) claims to be better than the others 'cuz of its lack of lines/seams. Sounds legit, but you pay quite a premium for it compared to, say, something from http://www.chipguard.com. Just curious and thanks for any input you can give!!

Scott

·
Registered
289 Posts
Had it installed last week.

I know a window tinter in the area who often uses bulk 3M material and makes his own patterns for the front of vehicles. He said that, because of the compound curves of the Pilot and because the fenders curve so far back from the hood, that his 18" bulk material wasn't deep enough to get the coverage I wanted over the headlights and back from the headlights on the side of the fenders. As a result he bought the Pilot kit from ChipGuard and installed it for me. It does cost more than when he uses his bulk material; but there are some real advantages. It looks great on the front; but the big advantage is on the side of the fenders. ChipGuard covers back a lot farther than most and is cut to look really nice. He did a great job and you have to look really hard from the front to see it at all. If you look at it from the drivers position you can see the thin line where it stops and from the side, if you look really hard, you can see the line on the fenders. I love the way it doesn't show very much at all. It is completely smooth with no bubbles or wrinkles. I wouldn't do it myself as he said it was a real challenge to get it right because of the Pilot curves. He did wrap the edges (all of them) under the hood, lights, fender, etc. Make sure you do this or have it done. I REALLY LIKE IT.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Why didn't you just have him wrap the whole car for you??? ;)

I only had the front end of the hood done...I wasn't worried about the plastic bumper...no rust issue-

·
Registered
991 Posts
Hi guys, just wondering what this film is? I think I have heard of this before, is it a clear material that goes on the paint to protect it?

and what does it cost?

rob

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info, copilot.

gopilot - If you check the links in my previous post, you can see some prices and examples of the application. And, yes, it is exactly what you describe - a clear film that covers the front of the vehicle.

·
Registered
289 Posts
MG Pilot

I guess I wasn't very clear. I didn't have the bumpers done, just the hood and front portion of the fenders. I had all of the metal covered around the grill and the small metal pieces under each headlight.:4: Now that I think of it, I could just leave it in the garage.:cool:

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Picture?

Hey copilot, any chance you could post some close-ups of the film installed on your Pilot?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Tim.s

I would love too; but I don't have a digital camera. I live in the "stone age". Besides, there isn't much to see. I think if you do a search some other people have put pictures on this forum. Sorry:(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts