Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
^^^^
This. The ABS and speed sensors on the front wheels are relatively sensitive and if they get knocked during front end work they will need to be replaced - and a bad sensor will disable both VTM-4 and the VSA.

I had to replace an ABS sensor the last time I changed axles - cost ~ $20 at O'Reilly and took about 30 min of easy work. The new sensor immediately cleared the ABS and VTM-4 (my 03 doesn't have VSA).

·
Registered
547 Posts
Will that also make the 4-wheel-drive not work?
4WD will not work if VTM-4 is disabled, you in essence have a 2WD vehicle until the computer recognize a functional VTM system.

I don't have VSA on my Pilot, but in other AWD vehicles with traction assist, if you lose AWD you also lose traction assist because the computer is only recognizing 2 wheels and therefore can't direct power as needed (VSA in effect transfers power from wheels that are slipping to the other wheels). Others can comment about the VSA, but I suspect restoring VTM will restore your VSA.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.