Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I pull out while turning I get a tapping noise from the front left side. It changes with speed and go away after a couple of seconds or until I slow down. The noise is there also sometimes when pulling out on a hill. I’ve started noticing it after I had someone change both front wheel bearing. I used oem bearing and can’t see the noise coming from them.

I see some marking on the left axel where it looks like the grease nipple on the sway bar link is hitting. I have since changed the sway bar bushings and the right lower control arm which had a torn rear bushing, the left side was changed 12 months ago and looks ok. The axle and cv boots also look good with no leaking.

Could the sway bar be out of place, maybe to much to one side? Could the end links cause something like this?

It sounds a lot like a bad cv joint but I can’t see any problems with it. Don’t want to spend unnecessary money if I don’t need to. I’m almost certain that the noise is coming from the sway bar link hitting the axle, but whats causing it?

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I suspect that the noise is coming from a bad CV joint. It's possible that the joint was damaged when your mechanic installed the new wheel bearings. The grease boot may be fine, but the joint inside could be bad.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts