Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help. Has anyone removed the plastic seat back cover on the rear of the driver's seat or front passenger seat?

I'm in the process of installing two replacement headrests with LCD screens permanently embedded in the aftermarket headrests. The replacement headrests have a wire exiting through one of the headrest's metal support rods and I need to snake this wire down through the front seats to the floor where the DVD Player is located. I tried pushing a straight hard wire through the seat openings where the headrests are installed but the hard wire will only penetrate about 5" inches down into the seat before getting stuck.

If no one has removed these seat back plastic panels, does anyone know where I kind find the seat back disassembly instructions. I don't want to attempt this wire installation without the proper guidance for fear of breaking any clips or devices that secure the seat back in place.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
http://www.honda-pilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=605

Twinkie, you are my hero!!!:6:

I searched for this information and came up empty handed. This thread is exactly "what the doctor ordered". I commend you on your total recall skills. Thanks so much.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Twinkie, like I said before, you're my hero but I completely forgot to give credit to xyzzy for his bravery.

I completed the seat back removal in less than 60 seconds but I can see how this removal could have led to "Pilot Error" if it had not been for xyzzy's exploration into the unknown. Last weekend, I spent over an hour trying to figure out how that seat back was affixed to the front seat. I could not visually determine how the plastic seat back was attached and I did not want (under any circumstances) to stress or damage any of the securing devices.

Anyway, I tip my hat to both you and xyzzy for saving me from certain disaster.

·
Registered
1 Posts
As the link is no longer working to satisfy my curiosity
... I have come across the same problem, well half of the same problem. One of my seat backs broke so I bought a new one but I can't seem to get the thing to go back on. The bottom two clips aren't locking in. Any suggestions? Do I just need to man up more?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for fixing the link (changing domain name), but that thread seems to apply to the previous gen Pilot. Is the process identical for the current gen?

I have a 2012 that I need to remove the seat backs on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks, I will attempt this using that thread and update if I find anything different.

This is my first Honda (owned 9 Infiniti previously) so I'm not familiar with the practices of the manufacturer yet. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts