Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve noticed that when we go over small bumps the drivers door bounces off the weatherstripping a little and makes a creaking noise. After looking at the alignment it’s misaligned with the back door by about the thickness of two quarters. Is that something the dealer can adjust or do you think them playing with it might make matters worse?

·
Registered
2020 Pilot Black Edition - Trailer hitch & Harness, All-weather Mats, cargo mat, and Black Emblems
130 Posts
The dealer will be easily able to adjust the alignment. The shape of the bolts holes and the way it mounts to the door frame allow for these sort of adjustment.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dealer said all the new pilots on the lot are the same way.

“Hey this is Brent over at Honda ⁠_ just want to call let you know that rotation is done um and then had a couple of the guys look at that trim piece on the the door like you said um so if you look at brand new pilots is well at first and that's how they do it so um can't really do anything about that if you want to talk to anyone when you get your you want to go ahead and walk a lot check out the other ones and compare but other than that everything is all set ready for pick up all right thanks bye…”

·
Registered
2020 Pilot Black Edition - Trailer hitch & Harness, All-weather Mats, cargo mat, and Black Emblems
130 Posts
Well....sounds like time for a new dealer. Can’t say my Pilot is the same...FWIW.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I just went out to my garage and checked our 2019 'Touring' Pilot

Sorry..... Our doors are all aligned and look nothing like your photos.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I’ll bring it back to the dealer we bought it from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Would be interested to know what you find out. Mine (2019 Touring) has a similar issue although it's not as far out of alignment (maybe one quarter on driver side door). Passenger side is fine. I took it in last winter and they replaced a window channel seal thinking that was the noise, but it didn't fix it. The noise gets worse in the cold/winter. I also get more wind noise from that door than other doors when it's windy outside and driving at highway speed. By the way, my build date is 08/18. Would like to know if your Pilot has a similar build date. I plan to bring it back to dealer, but would like to give them some direction if i can on how to fix. One other difference i noticed between driver and passenger door is how tight the weather stripping that is on the body of the car (not the door) fits up into the upper right corner of the door. On the driver door it is somewhat loose and not tight in the corner, but on the passenger side it is in their tight.

·
Banned
379 Posts
Dealer said all the new pilots on the lot are the same way.

“Hey this is Brent over at Honda ⁠_ just want to call let you know that rotation is done um and then had a couple of the guys look at that trim piece on the the door like you said um so if you look at brand new pilots is well at first and that's how they do it so um can't really do anything about that if you want to talk to anyone when you get your you want to go ahead and walk a lot check out the other ones and compare but other than that everything is all set ready for pick up all right thanks bye…”
Who writes "um"? LoL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts