Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This information is for all 2016 and newer Pilot owners.

Here is the story (9/26/2019) and I will cut it short.

I have a used 2016 gloss black Pilot and the reason I sent it back for service is that I found out the paint peeled in the front bumper at the passenger side. The service told me many possibilities for how it could make. Keeps saying Honda always keeps a safe gap to prevent such kind of scratching. Your left / passenger side is no gap between the headlight, but the right / driver side has a 1-2mm gap.

Later, not too long, a 2019 brand new Pilot came in. I took a close look..... voilà, the SAME PROBLEM @ the SAME PLACE. I looked for the owner and told him about this situation and also showed him my peeling.

Dealer, of course, won't get approved to fix this I called it factory defect even show them the photos on 2019 Pilot.

So, if you could take a close look at your front bumper @ passenger side, just right under the headlight, it may surprise you. Photos also uploaded for your reference.

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
I just looked closely at my 19 Touring (Canadian model) and not a hint of what you are showing, paint is perfect without any blemishes or chipping/peeling at all.

Maybe they use better paint or painting techniques in the Ontario plant? Not sure, but my wife has a 2008 Odyssey that was manufactured in the same plant and it also has no issues with paint peeling from any part of the vehicle, including the plastics.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Our 2019 Touring has no paint issues / damage / surprises in the area you have described in your photos (or anywhere else on the vehicle).

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Our black '12 Touring has paint issues on the hood, due to the FL sun. My' 19 does not appear to have the issue shown in your photos.

·
Registered
732 Posts
The first picture of your 2016 almost appears to have been repainted at some point with a lot of "orange peel" showing. You purchased used, did you have it checked for any body work or paint work? If you checked just a CarFax or similar owner report and it came back as no accidents, those reports are not always current or correct. Not sure about the damage shown on the 2019 you posted a picture or however.

My 2019 Touring White Diamond Platinum has no indication of any paint damage or defect in that area you pointed out or anywhere else. Mine was built in Alabama in August of 2018.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts