Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2017 Honda Pilot EX.
Last week when travelling on vacation. a truck overtook us at speed and went over a tire tread. The tread rolled up and down an hit our front bumper. I thought the tread must have hit and gone away, a truck driver honked us and told us there is a tire on our bumper.

When we pulled over I saw the tire was imbedded and my son and i managed to pull it off. we saw the front grille was damaged but it needed to be replaced.

I know most of the parts that I need. There was one part that I dont know the name, maybe you guys can help me out.

There is a plastic piece between the radiator and the light that has a structure that helps the grill to secure. the driver side(red rectangle) has broken and so I need to replace it.The passenger one is good (yellow rectangle)

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Tire Vehicle Car Wheel Grille

·
Registered
2019 Pilot EXL AWD
93 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Pilot EXL AWD
93 Posts
Here is the video from YT:

Clip removal is around 2:30 and around 7:37, you'll see the clips within a one second. It seems the bracket for the grille is separate

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I managed to dismantle the driver side bracket, it was in three parts, put some tape and found a number on it.The plastic piece is more like an air guide. The bracket is a separate piece i saw a number on the part - HONDA >PP-GF20<.

I see something like this on the Honda parts website: Plate, L Front Air Guide - Honda (74166-TG7-A00)

I have attached a pic of the assembled bracket.

Chair Wood Automotive design Material property Art Wood Rectangle Flooring Tints and shades Composite material

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is the video from YT:

Clip removal is around 2:30 and around 7:37, you'll see the clips within a one second. It seems the bracket for the grille is separate

Thanks, I did watch this video and it really helped me to decide to do it on my own. Around 7.39 it has a clear shot of the bracket.

A decent body shop said it would be $200 for labor and parts. Dealer would have been a lot more.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I managed to dismantle the driver side bracket, it was in three parts, put some tape and found a number on it.The plastic piece is more like an air guide. The bracket is a separate piece i saw a number on the part - HONDA >PP-GF20<.

I see something like this on the Honda parts website: Plate, L Front Air Guide - Honda (74166-TG7-A00)

I have attached a pic of the assembled bracket.

View attachment 148638 View attachment 148639
The part number happened to be 71159-TG7-A00 - Bracket Front Grille. I needed to replace 8 different items.

The base grille that has the H logo.
The three chrome parts on the grill
The grille Bracket
Two clips for bracket
Two front bumper garnish (inserts) L& R

I managed to get 4 of them from a local parts shop for half the price.
Had to get the bracket and clip from a local Honda dealer. The price between 4 local dealers ranged from $33 - $60 for the bracket. The clip was $4.50 each.
Had to get the inserts from a out of state Honda dealer.

Hopefully I should have the whole front grille assembled tomorrow.
IT cost me about $250 in parts.
A decent body shop said it would be $200 for labor and parts.
The dealer would have probably charged me a grand or so.

The OEM part was made in China, the generic parts were made in Taiwan.
Hope this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts