Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All, I did the front brakes on my 2013 LX, 125K miles, turned rotors and new pads only to find out later about the over heating rotor problem on the front discs. These have presented problematic much faster due to less steel after cutting them down. I am shopping aftermarket kits to install cross-drilled rotors and matching ceramic pads. First question: do I need to do the rears as replace with cross-drilled rotors as well? Or just machine and new pads on rears?
Secondly, can anyone recommend a brand that is better for this conversion?
I tried to put in links to the kits but they were flagged as spam... They were on Amazon.

If you've used a brand please provide a link, thanks.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I replaced both my front and rear rotors and pads with the Power Stop Z 23 kit. So far so good. Just make sure you follow the burn in instructions.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
645 Posts
I'm running Akebono pads & Centric Prem rotors in the front (rears still original). They work great.

IMO, skip the cross-drilled stuff and stick to regular rotors.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I agree skip drilled rotors.

On my pilot I installed stoptech rotors and street pads on the front first. Then 2 years later did the rears.

I did use slotted rotors but I use slotted on all my vehicles ever since I had warping on a set of drilled rotors on my Corrado. I’m not suggesting you should use slotted. Just don’t use drilled.

In the 4+ years since running my stoptechs on my Honda I’ve never had any issues with brakes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts