Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there. My 2017 pilot front blower motor suddenly stopped working with no noticable noise before hand. Rear still blows but not cold. I was thinking it could be the the resistor but from my experience it's usually doesn't cause it to completely stop. With the pilot only three years old and no noticable abnormal sounds coming from it before hand I don't believe it's the motor. I read somewhere before that when the resistor on a Pilot goes out that they do infact cause the fan to stop completely. I checked fuses,relays and they are good. So if anyone came across this before and knows the solution I would much appreciate if you can help me out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just wanted to update so if anyone else comes across this problem in the future. So the problem was the resistor it was bad so it caused the blower to completely stop working and no a/c to the rear. Most cases when the resistor goes bad you still have high fan speed but apparently not with the ones Honda uses. If your past your warranty and have this issue you should be safe in just buying a resistor at your local parts dealer.$95 at Honda dealership

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry didn't take any, but it's located under the passenger side dash towards the center console. Super easy to get to and only has two bolts to take it out. You will also see a green wire from the harness going into the connector. Same wire that goes to the blower.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts