Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am having troubles with my 2006 Pilots blower motor, both front and rear. The front blower motor will turn on at will, and will stay running when on but it doesn't always work when its turned on. I have since replaced the cabin filter thinking that might be causing the issue, but no luck. The rear blower motor won't work at all, i have replaced the rear resistor about 3 years ago. Any ideas besides removing the blower motor itself?

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,177 Posts
When you replaced the rear blower’s resistor did you also vacuum the circular lint screen? If you didn’t the replacement resistor may have overheated.

For the front have you checked the wiring and connectors for loose connections, oxidation, etc.?

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,236 Posts

Also check your fuses with a multimeter for possible unseen hairline fractures causing intermittent current, and try switching out known good equivalent relays.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When i replaced the rear resistor the 1st time i did not vacuum the screen, i took a lint brush to it so i probably didn't clean it as good as i could have. Thats a good idea with the multimeter, checking fuses. Ill have to see which ones control the fan motor

·
Registered
10,236 Posts
Here are the 2006 fuse diagrams.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Bump:
Did you ever solve the problem?
I'm having a similar problem with my front blower motor. works intermittently and sometimes not at all. I replaced the front resistor and I thought that fixed it for as second but not really. The rear one works but makes a loud noise that sounds like it comes through the speakers for a few seconds. until the rear fan motor gets spinning. I've replaced the rear resistor in the last year or 2. Confused.

·
Registered
4,177 Posts
Have you checked that there isn’t anything stuck in the blower wheels?
The motor and/or bearings could also be starting to fail.

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
10,236 Posts
Any rodent residents?

·
Registered
14 Posts
It's still temperamental. Fan works. Blows cold. Air conditioning radiator fan comes on. Doesn't always blow cold air and the blower motor fan works intermittently. Guess it's time to drop the blower motor and look.

·
Registered
4,177 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
It's still temperamental. Fan works. Blows cold. Air conditioning radiator fan comes on. Doesn't always blow cold air and the blower motor fan works intermittently. Guess it's time to drop the blower motor and look.
Sounds like we’ll find out shortly.
Brushes were shot in the front blower motor.
The rear blower motor resistor was shot, again and it was making the awful feedback noise. Replaced them both. All good now. Ice cold again. Lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts