Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything 3 days ago working great in my 2007 Pilot. 2 days ago, wifey said horrible noise coming out of passenger side blower motor. Long story, short, removed blower motor, removed 3 dead mice out of fan, cleaned fan, cleaned pollen filter, replaced everything. No more noise, but now Fan stuck on hi, display blank, and will only blow vent air???? Possibly wire broke? Any suggestions what to check first?

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,959 Posts
Front blower transistor module may have overheated and fried during the event with the mice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AC and all levels were working correctly before my little maintenance procedure. Fan was just howling really loud obviously. All I did, so my wife could drive it to work that day was unplug the 40amp fuse under the hood to kill the power to it. But before doing that, everything was working as it should. Thanks for the reply, I'm digging back into it tonight. I'll post what I come up with.

·
Registered
332 Posts
There's a lot of info on the thermistor / thermal fuse on the forum. Search for "rear AC fan failure". You'll find two schools of thought - bypassing the thermal fuse entirely, ensuring it will always work, unless it overheats and burns your vehicle up, and replacing the thermal fuse, ensuring thermal protection but not likely to last forever.

There's a service bulletin on testing the module with an ohm meter, but mine "passed" the Honda standards and didn't work. When I replaced the thermistor, it worked again.

That module be one of your problems, but the panel light outage isn't related to it. I would check the fuses downstream of the 40A you pulled if you haven't done that yet. It sounds to me like multiple circuits are out.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The light works on the panel. What I meant about the panel was, and I might have misspoken, the panel, when you hit the off button, the display disappears, but the fan continues on high. I have troubleshot as far as I can go with a Chiltons manual. Only thing I need really is the exact transistor troubleshooting data. Reading through other posts and searching the internet, I was able to find out a test procedure for the transistor, but only part of it and mine was within tolerance. It has to be the transistor or the climate control panel. I am going to replace the transistor, to me that has to be it. The motors ground (speed control) is controlled by the transistor and since it is stuck on high, to me that has to be it. I am going to buy a Honda Pilot factory electrical service manual, because I have a few other warning lights/electrical issues with the car, and with the manual, I want to fix them all. Thanks for the responses, when I get it figured out, I will let you guys know what I did.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My problem was resolved by replacing the resistor. So problem was, mice in blower fan. Front blower fan was always on "Hi" and AC didn't work, replaces resistor and totally fixed problem. By the way, I opened my old one, there were 3 small 1/2 watt or resistors and one capacitor inside. I will likely troubleshoot, see what part/parts are bad and fix. All 4 of those parts can probably be fixed for less than $1. Thanks for all the help here.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Glad to hear you got it up and running.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts