Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, has anybody else had this issue? I have a 2017 EXL. Saw threads about the rear blower on the 3rd gen pilot not working but I've already replaced my front blower motor at 40,000kms for chirping at low speeds, and now at 60,000kms it's chirping again. Seems to be worst in cold weather and starts chirping after about 45 minutes of driving. It's very annoying.

Has anybody tried an aftermarket blower motor? I'm tempted to try that seeing as the original one lasted 2 years and the Honda replacement lasted 1 year.

·
Registered
301 Posts
went thru the same thing and now on my second one, just replaced it, it seems every replaced part last only 2 years with the pilot, the front rotors the same thing

·
Registered
301 Posts
i installed 79307-TZ5-A61, this is my second replacement after the warranty, did you get the extra piece that fits the bottom that silences the motor even more while the fan is on high.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes, attached is a photo of the old blower motor and plastic piece that I think you’re referring to. The new blower came with plastic piece as well that didn’t look any different from the old.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts