Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Pilot 2017 EXL
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!
Can someone please let me know how good can you fold the front passenger seat? Couldn't find any info on the web.

Say I want to transport something ridiculously long (~120") but slim. Would I be able to fold all seats on one side of the car (including the 1st passenger) and fit something that long inside? Would it fit from dashboard to the cargo door? Can someone measure what length that would be :)

Or is the 1st passenger seat unfoldable?

Thanks!

·
Registered
813 Posts
You can't fold it forward, but you can try removing the headrest and folding it back. It's definitely not as good as folding it forward but at least it's better than nothing.

·
Registered
Honda Pilot 2017 EXL
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can't fold it forward, but you can try removing the headrest and folding it back. It's definitely not as good as folding it forward but at least it's better than nothing.
Oh, that is an option as well.. so it won't fold like more the 90°? or it may fold up to like at least 45°?
How wide would it unfold? Would you say up to 170° or so?

How long is the distance from dash to back (door closed?) any idea?

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,321 Posts
I carried 8 foot lumber inside my FG so I bet you can do similar with your longer third gen. One end rested on the dash. Nothing out the window

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
I have transported 10' PVC pipe in the Pilot no problem. It's 123" from the dash to the back door. Unless you have something wider than the space between the front seats, you can just put something on the center console padded area to protect it and lay whatever you're transporting on it. I have also fit longer items by putting a beach towel on the dash and putting items on top of the dash. Be sure to protect the windshield by making sure the load can't move forward during emergency braking.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Oh, that is an option as well.. so it won't fold like more the 90°? or it may fold up to like at least 45°?
How wide would it unfold? Would you say up to 170° or so?

How long is the distance from dash to back (door closed?) any idea?
The passenger doesn't fold back all the way, but it's pretty close. There's about a 6 inch gap between the back of the passenger seat and the middle row seat. I think there is about an 8 foot distance from the dash to the back.

·
Registered
Honda Pilot 2017 EXL
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have transported 10' PVC pipe in the Pilot no problem. It's 123" from the dash to the back door. Unless you have something wider than the space between the front seats, you can just put something on the center console padded area to protect it and lay whatever you're transporting on it. I have also fit longer items by putting a beach towel on the dash and putting items on top of the dash. Be sure to protect the windshield by making sure the load can't move forward during emergency braking.
🚀

1 - 8 of 8 Posts