Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always been told I was a little different. From the beginning, I thought the tailgate was a little one sided. Made a few changes and like the results better. Be unique. Besides, its always each to spot your old vehicle when you trade or sell it. BP

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
Is the 4WD emblem from a CRV?

·
Registered
51 Posts
That looks like a Toyota Highlander 4WD emblem to me.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
4x4 emblem

It is from the Toyota Highlander. When I ordered it, they asked if it was for the 4cly or the six. No knowing what the difference was, I got the six. I started to add the V6 emblem as well, but felt it was too much. BP

·
Registered
664 Posts
How did you get the Pilot off the right hand side? I want to move the Pilot to the left and put the EX on the right.

Len, I thought the longhorns were orange?

·
Registered
395 Posts
banningjr said:
Heh. They are. But a chrome longhorn head matched better.
:4:

·
Registered
664 Posts
I've got to fix my screen, it looked green on mine.

·
Registered
509 Posts
banningjr said:
How did you get the Pilot off the right hand side? I want to move the Pilot to the left and put the EX on the right.

Leo, I think that you can use some string to sort of "saw" through the adhesive on the Pilot logo on the right. This is the same method recommended in the Gold Trim Kit for both the Pilot and Accord. I didn't have any string when I put the Gold Trim on my Accord, so I used some dental floss. Actually it worked really good, but it kept on breaking, so I just had to use a couple more pieces! Then you'd just have to find some adhesive to reaffix the Pilot emblex on the left.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's fairly easy

Fortunately now, almost all emblems are installed with a special adhesive tape. I have some old 283 chevy emblems that required two holes and installed with nuts! I removed the Pilot emblem with a soft plastic scraper that is used to apply and smooth bondo (body repair material). This has a tapered edge and allows you to kinda / sorta cut underneath the emblem. A credit card might do the same thing, just take your time. The remaining black adhesive takes a little work, but WD 40 and / or liquid wax will eventually get it off. Rubbing it hard with your fingers gets most of it. You will need to clean the back side of the emblem as well. It is re-applied by using a special two sided molding and emblem tape available from Auto Zone or Walmart. 3M makes the tape. Be sure you get the one designed for this purpose as it will be unaffected by weather. You will need to cut it to fit the emblem so it does not show. I cut narrow strips to match the backside of the letters. The emblem is recessed on the back side to allow it to fit fairly flush. It is easier than you think. Just like pin stripes. Get it at Auto Zone for $6.95 and install it yourself. At least if you can't get it straight, you will have an ideal what it will look like. GO for it. BP

·
Registered
664 Posts
Thanks guys. The only emblem I have purposely taken off a car was the one that was on the lines of Joe Smith's Auto. Now I don't even let them put it on. Give me a tacky plate cover I can remove in two minutes any day!

I have the tape from re-attaching a number of items to cars so I should be trucking!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Actually it works better if you lightly heat the emblems to make the adhesive more pliable and easier to remove. One catch though, is as before stated, you just have to make sure that the emblem isn't affixed through holes in the body. Once the emblem is removed, use Goo Gone to take the adhesive right off ... be sure to wax that area once its cleaned.

PrG

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks TopMomm

The EX emblem can be ordered from the dealer. If I remember correctly, this one was taken off of my 98 Accord EXVL. That car was silver, so I ordered an EX emblem from a earlier model that was silver and black and was easier to see. Plus it was a change from the norm. Most dealers stock these so you likely wouldn't have to wait. A walk through a "junk yard" always provides interesting items. BP

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I am sure Tim could get the EX emblem for you ... probably just have to give him a call ...

PrG

·
Registered
664 Posts
Not cleaned but ready...

Finally the pieces I wanted are in. Thanks to Soap and PRG for the removal tips. The floss ended up being golden with some Bug and Tar remover cleaning up the ends.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts