Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my Honda today in Germany. The vehicle got prepped at the port before it was trucked down to me. When we got the vehicle, in a ziploc bag, were 4 rubber plugs for something. They are about 1.5 inches long by 1 inch wide and maybe an inch deep. The snap into something. Any ideas? We got the little one on the top of steering wheel put in place okay.

·
Registered
176 Posts
More info.. picture??

Could be part of the "hold down" hardware that they used in shipping...

Need to see 'em or at least get size, shape, color.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Tim Poliniak - we need your help!

I'd like to know what they are as well. I had the first Pilot at my Dealership and they forgot to put the cover on the steering column, probably because they had no clue what to do with that "little bag of parts in the glovebox." I may be missing other parts as well. Perhaps Tim at Hondacuraworld can enlighten us?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Where were the plugs when you got the car? In the glove box? I got the same thing when I got another car (VW Passat) and it was for the floormats. I have a pilot on order now, so I don't know how the floor mats are, just thought I'd share my two cents... it may not be the same with Honda.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Autobahn remember?

You said before in a private message that I would have my Pilot before you ever got yours. Well, looks like you got yours before mine! Hope you are enjoying it!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Plugs

Did you have any accessories installed? Maybe when they installed the accessory, they plugs had to come out?

Otherwise, I have no idea. Sorry.

·
Registered
232 Posts
There are "plugs" holding up the quasi gray bumper covers on the front and back. These are more a type of clip but it's possible they don't install all of them at the factory and have the dealer pop in the rest.

Not sure what your plugs look like but it's worth a look. :4:

·
Registered
173 Posts
:8:

Interestingly, I also found four loose plugs in my glove compartment. These flexible, black rubber plugs look like ovals - about 1" wide by 1.5 " long.

...no idea where they may have come from.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Autobahn remember?

Brett727272 said:
You said before in a private message that I would have my Pilot before you ever got yours. Well, looks like you got yours before mine! Hope you are enjoying it!
Yes, ended up with a Leather Model at a "discount." Mine would not be made until October and then two months of shipping. Notice my serial number and I just got it now. Dealer had this one to move.

As for the plugs, I will work on getting a picture posted.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Top Side Picture

Top Side Picture of one of the 4 Rubber Plugs:

Attachments

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bottom Side Picture

Bottom Side Picture of one of the 4 Rubber Plugs:

Attachments

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Anyone got an idea yet? See the pictures above. What do they go to?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Pictures

No clue what the go on, but I would think that they need to be attached to something. They don't look like something that would be left over from some other accessory.

Did you have the factory hitch installed? I know that there are some plugs that have to come out to run the wiring harness, but I thought they were round.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Still no idea:3:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Could they be plugs for the license plate mounting holes since your plates are different in Europe?

·
Registered
212 Posts
The plugs look like the shape of my backup sensor.
Do you have the backup sensor installed as option ? Will they plug the sensor during transpotation then take it out during preparation.
PChiu

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
GLJones said:
Could they be plugs for the license plate mounting holes since your plates are different in Europe?
Nope. Europe plate bracket screwed into the standard holes. Still no idea and I am sure the dealer has no idea either. Stopped by to say hi the other day and they had to drive mine around back to show all the service guys who had never seen one before.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I have these as well. I got the impression it was left after the installation of one of my accessories, but I'll try to get by the dealership soon and ask the salesman.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts