Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the middle and last seats down, you can comfortably fit four (4) full-sized bales of (in my case) straw inside the Pilot.

My spouse is a Master Gardener, and, for example, being able to fit full-sized garbage cans in the back was on my list of features we needed in our next vehicle. If you want to see nervous sales people, ask to try out a garbage can in the back of their demo vehicle (which I did).

We have replaced a Suburban with the Pilot, and I had a six-foot-by-four-foot carpeted plywood sheet (edged with one-by-ones) I saved when the Suburban left. It fits nicely behind the front seats when the other rows are down, and saves on cleanup.

My spouse found a local market that had several bales of straw left over after they finished selling pumpkins. She asked if she could have some, and I got the assignment for pick-up duty. For this load, I put in some blankets to try to minimize the spread of the straw, then the plywood insert. Four full-sized bales fit comfortably in the back. It only took about 15 minutes with the boom and vacuum to get everything back in shape, after we emptied the load.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
HAY! That's a lot of straw! (sorry...;) couldn't resist)

Interesting, the different uses for our Pilots. From desert sand-rover to haulin' straw.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts