Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been search on the internet for days. No one seems to have Brush Guards , Tail light guards nor Read bumper guard for the Pilot.

On my way home from work, I realized that there was an auto accessories store less than 1 mile away in Queens NYC.

I took a casual stroll in and the manager saids to me...

"Is that a Pilot parked outside? I just got some parts in for it !"

I couldn't believe it...

To make a long story short... I got a front Brush Guard , Rear bumper guard, side steps, and tail light covers (all black) installed for $1200.

I went crazy and brought PIAA 520 Fog lights for my front Brush guard and PIAA HID - H-4 light bulbs also...

The total was under $1500 INSTALLED !!!

I don't have my digital camera in NY. But I'll post some pics next week.

My Silver EX-L pilot is now ready for the streets of NYC !:3:

·
Registered
85 Posts
bbecker said:
I have been search on the internet for days. No one seems to have Brush Guards , Tail light guards nor Read bumper guard for the Pilot.

On my way home from work, I realized that there was an auto accessories store less than 1 mile away in Queens NYC.

I took a casual stroll in and the manager saids to me...

"Is that a Pilot parked outside? I just got some parts in for it !"

I couldn't believe it...

To make a long story short... I got a front Brush Guard , Rear bumper guard, side steps, and tail light covers (all black) installed for $1200.

I went crazy and brought PIAA 520 Fog lights for my front Brush guard and PIAA HID - H-4 light bulbs also...

The total was under $1500 INSTALLED !!!

I don't have my digital camera in NY. But I'll post some pics next week.

My Silver EX-L pilot is now ready for the streets of NYC !:3:
Do you know the brand name on the Brush Guard and Side Steps?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They were Maniks...

It really changes the way the truck looks...
I would not have mind going with something with less coverage in the front but I feel that I need it in NYC.

Looks kinda like this

http://www.gorhino.com/documents/1000-series.html

·
Registered
85 Posts
Let's see those pictures! It looks like you are the first to use the more aggressive looking accessories - and yes I agree, New York is the place to do it!

·
Registered
389 Posts
livemusicfan said:
Let's see those pictures! It looks like you are the first to use the more aggressive looking accessories - and yes I agree, New York is the place to do it!
I agree, it is definitely aggressive looking. It looks like a real Offroad machine. I am very curious to see how it turns out, pls. post pix.

Thanks!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guys..

Trust me... I want to show... But my wife has the dig cam until next wed...

One of the reasons I choose the Pilot over the MDX was that the MDX just doesn't look tough. Especially with its pointly nose.

Please note that I traded in an 2001 TL w/ NAV for my Silver EX-L Pilot.

Currently, I only have the Grill and PIAA Fogs installed.
I got to go back tomorrow for the rest of the parts.

If anyone in NYC is interested, I can give you the name of the store.

BBECKER

·
Registered
138 Posts
Can I have the detail of the store at Queens, NY? I will be in NYC in the coming weekend. I like to swing by...

Thx. :D

·
Registered
347 Posts
Dude,

Need the info badly. I'm scared everytime I take my baby on the street of nyc. And yes, it is that brutal here. My last car bumpers were shreded from street parking. To bad they don't make side grills also. :3:

·
Registered
919 Posts
I've got a better idea. Just go on a mad rampage and run over a bunch of people on the sidewalk. Then we can just see it on CNN. Sound good?

Chris

·
Registered
920 Posts
I'm very interested in this...what is the name and phone number of the store you had it installed at???

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Crown Auto Parts
13505 Northern Blvd, Flushing, NY 11354
(718) 539-6127

I might get a friend to take some pictures tomorrow...

·
Registered
920 Posts
MPSpecter said:
BBecker,

Is the Grill boltled or welded to the chasis?
They are bolted. I just talked to both Manik and Go Rhino. Currently, only Manik makes a front bar for the Pilot, Go Rhino does not.

bbecker's guy told me that the front Manik bar itself was $375 installed...not bad.

Go Rhino did say that they have heard that their front bars are MUCH easier to install than the Manik bar...who knows.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I'm very interested in the Manik Product. Pilot parts are not listed on their web site yet. I'm also a little concerned they don't appear to have a distributor in Michigan.

This is what I've been waiting for! I've seen CRV's with cool tube grill guards, and really liked them. :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I saw the product update sheet that the store manager had. It did say that it was for a 2003 Pilot. And Yes, it is bolted. I is quite strong. I weight over 200lbs and I was tugging and sitting on it..

·
Registered
920 Posts
How does it look???

·
Registered
36 Posts
Gotta see those pictures!

:2:

·
Registered
920 Posts
I just got off the phone with a buddy of mine who works for Custom Truck Installers locally and he told he that any black grille guard is GUARANTEED to rust. Whether this is true or not, I don't know.

·
Registered
664 Posts
You're killing us

bbecker
PLEASE take some pictures. I don't like the faux lower trim for the Pilots. I've been waiting to see a real guard like this come out. Are the rear light covers available as well? I would imagine due to the clean finish you might have to drill to get those installed.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts