Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
#566 is sitting out front of the Auto Exchange in Heidelberg, Germany. Surprised to find one that low in the production cycle still for sale. It is a Silver EX-L RES. Just came in today and could be gone tomorrow at the rate people are looking at it. I hold the record for the first one in Heidelberg, this will be number two. Still looking for VIN #1 out there.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Question: How do you tell your Pilot's number anyway.

MK

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Last 5 digets of the VIN

USe the last 5 digets of the VIN.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Thanks N_Jay

Could that be the last six digits, not five? Mine shows a number above 500000 for the last six digits and under 10000 for the last five.

Thanks Again

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
I think the 6th digit from the end is a code for where it was built for.
there have not been 500,000 pilots built?
There have been over 10,000 built, but I don't know when they crossed that line.
June 23 was about 11,000 to 11, 500

·
Registered
395 Posts
1. It's the last 5 digits. The sixth from the end is a "5" in the Pilots as it designates the Ontario plant.

2. The first 100 Pilots went for company drive and crash tests and media drive tests. Don't expect to see any of those on the road.

·
Registered
311 Posts
OK that makes sense now. I've got number 9956 - an Evergreen Pearl EX-L- NAVI. Thanks for clearing up my confusion.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mkell said:
Question: How do you tell your Pilot's number anyway.

MK
I read it from some other posts. It is the last 5 digits on the VIN number for Honda. Normally it is the last 6, but Honda uses that left position for US vs Canada destination. 5 = US. Since they only plan on making 80,000 a year, they should not run out of numbers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts