Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know Form Fit of Canada makes a really nice air deflector for the MDX. From what I have seen it looks like it has stronger brackets and lays closer to the hood. This might prevent the wind noise some Pilot owners have had with the Honda wind deflector. Does anyone on this site know if they make a Form Fit for the Pilot yet? I believe Tim sells the ones for the X. Tim any info?:4:

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Any Pictures ?

:confused:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Tim

Any chance you could post in the accessories forum when it arrives. My Sandstone is due to be built this week and I have told the dealer to install the Honda wind deflector; but if you have the Formfit available I will buy that from you and cancel my Honda order.:cool:

·
Premium Member
2,040 Posts
Sure. And not only that, I'm going to need a test pilot for it when it arrives. Which means I'll need a volunteer to post pics of the FormFit on their Pilot, and give an opinion/review. And that person gets the item free :D

I'll post a thread on that when it comes in. Don't try to sign up until I post the thread :)

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
If I win is there a restocking charge?

Hmm, now do I install the Honda guard, or wait to see if I luck out on the FormFit one?
Decisions. Decisions! :(

·
Registered
509 Posts
Just talked to Tim yesterday, and am going to try the Form Fit one, rather than the Honda one, since there's been so many complaints about the Honda one. He said they just came in and he hadn't even had the chance to look at one yet. He did mention that no drilling was required! :29: (That should make it SoapPlant proof!)

Order should ship Monday, and I should have it by mid to late next week. Now, if only my Pilot was here!

Pilot shipped on Thursday, so with about 10 days transit, it should be here in a little over a week. I'll take extensive pics of the install and also some pics of it installed, and let you know what my thoughts after putting some miles on it.

Since the Pilot isn't here yet, I'll also try to take just some pictures of it, uninstalled, and post them, so everyone can at least get a good idea of what it looks like. I'll also take some pics of the installation hardware and the instructions.

Hope that helps those of you on the fence?

·
Registered
698 Posts
Well, my dealership just called. All my options except the air deflector and wood trim are installed.

Problem is with the air deflector none of the dealerships here have that special magical tool it takes to put in the air deflector. So, they're going to just give it to me so that I can take it with me and have someone put it on at some later date.

(curling up nose)

Perhaps I'll just ask for my money back on this one and look into the better deflector.

Le'me know when and if you hear something on this, ok?

copperpoppy

·
Registered
698 Posts
For Tim

Hi Tim,

I should be getting my beautiful new Sandstone Pilot any day now and the dealership said that they cannot install the air deflector since they do not have that special tool.

How much is this air deflector that you are talking about? Any idea? I searched on the web and found a site that was selling one for the MDX. It did look better than the Honda one.

Keep us posted, will you?

CopperPoppy

·
Registered
509 Posts
hondacuraworld said:
To be honest, I don't know what they are going to charge me once I start buying them in bulk.....as soon as Soap gives us his thoughts on quality, ease of install, etc. I'll order accordingly.
Gosh, that sounds like a lot of pressure! :13:

I'm not very opinionated! :p

·
Registered
698 Posts
SoapPlant said:
Gosh, that sounds like a lot of pressure! :13: I'm not very opinionated! :p
WHA ... DOOMED! We're ALL DOOMED!

Jest kidding,
Copperpoppy

·
Registered
509 Posts
Honda Air Deflector on Backorder!

I already posted this to another thread this was also mentioned in ("Sandstones are coming!), but it was a little off the original topic there, so I thought I would post it here too so everyone can catch it.

Honda salesman told me that the Honda air deflector is on backorder due to customer complaints of wind noise and whistling. I'll have to assume this is an acurate statement since he mentioned the problems before I did.

Form Fit deflector from Tim should be on my doorstep this afternoon, and Pilot was given a Friday (8/23) delivery ETA, so hopefully I'll have some feedback on the Form Fit soon.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Soap
Did you get that Form Fit yet? I wouldn't mind checking it out ahead of time if you get the chance. I could take off my factory one and we could size it up on Silver.:D

Tim or Soap
Does it wrap further back the hood or does it look like the factory one?

·
Registered
509 Posts
banningjr said:
Soap
Did you get that Form Fit yet? I wouldn't mind checking it out ahead of time if you get the chance. I could take off my factory one and we could size it up on Silver.:D

Tim or Soap
Does it wrap further back the hood or does it look like the factory one?
Hey Leo, Tim e-mailed me today and said that it didn't go out on Monday because he didn't have the right size box to ship it in. It did go out today, so if everything goes good with UPS, it should be here Friday. Of course, I only got 5 out of the 7 boxes they were supposed to delivery today, if that's any indication!

If you're going to be local this weekend, you're more than welcome to check it out. I've been meaning to get together with you one of these days anyway! I'll be in touch when it gets here, and will definitely post some pics for everyone.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Form Fit Air Deflector Received From Tim

OK, the Form Fit air deflector arrived today from Tim. Here are some pictures. Unfortunately, my Pilot hasn't arrived yet, so I can't say much about the installation or performance yet. Hopefully within the week I'll be able to report in on it.

My initial thoughts on the instructions were that they were lacking. I found them to be a little confusing at first, but after I read through them like 5 or 6 times, and compared them with the Honda air deflector instructions, I think I understand it now. They're kind of lacking in the diagram department.

No drilling is required, and no special "rivnut" tool is required either. Perhaps some of you with the Honda air deflector and comment on the physical differences between the two?

Here is a copy of the instructions.

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
Did'nt see the pics or instructions. Did Tim mention how much this was compared to the Honda Air deflector?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Never mind. Just had to refresh the cache. I can see everything now.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts