Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 224k, my Pilot is now being driven to the local HS by my son. With four drivers (as soon as my oldest returns from College), an extra car was needed.
I nearly left the Honda fold, but ultimately did a Uturn and picked up a CRV Touring on the last day of April 2016.

Since then have covered nearly 2500 miles (!), learning to understand the Sensing, Lanewatch, ACC, XM, phone connectivity, etc. figuring out customization of features. Spoilt by the motorize tailgate. Haven't gotten into the Hondalink stuff, which the CRV seems to have more functionality than the Pilot.

Also loving the fact I'm averaging 32mpg without trying. Pilot was always around 19.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
I nearly left the Honda fold, but ultimately did a Uturn and picked up a CRV Touring on the last day of April 2016.
Since then have covered nearly 2500 miles (!), learning to understand the Sensing, Lanewatch, ACC, XM, phone connectivity, etc.
1) What else did you consider as an alternative to another Honda?
2) Does the power from the 4-cyl seem adequate?
3) What's your impression of the CVT?
4) Any comments about the operation of the Collision Mitigation Braking System and the Adaptive Cruise Control?

·
Registered
2,697 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1) What else did you consider as an alternative to another Honda?
2) Does the power from the 4-cyl seem adequate?
3) What's your impression of the CVT?
4) Any comments about the operation of the Collision Mitigation Braking System and the Adaptive Cruise Control?
You name it I drove it. Every competitor to the Pilot and then when I decided to we didn't need two big cars, the CRV and its competitors. I recommend Nick at Bernardi Honda. We stay in touch via text even today.

Plenty of Power from the 2.4 with CVT. It steps off the line very quickly even in D rather than S(port). Very smooth seamless acceleration. I don't use Eco, but seem able to stay "green" most of the time according to the instruments. Drivetrain is well matched to the car.

CMBS and ACC take a while to learn how to master, adjust and when necessary override. You learn to anticipate when approaching slower traffic in front of you on the interstate and change lanes to maintain speed. If at an exit, but continuing straight, overriding the CMBS by accelerating as the car in front slows down by stays recognized by the system is a skill I am learning. Now that I am familiar with the system, I have it set to one bar only.

Coming from an 05 Pilot there is quite a learning curve to a car with all those systems. I'd recommend not trying to master them all at the same time.

I still have to figure out how to set the XM presets. Scrolling through hundreds of channels is a PIA. Shame it doesn't buffer the transmission to compensate for those times the signal gets blocked by hillsides and buildings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts