Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, riddle me this ...

... I keep overhearing a commercial for a Ford Explorer and in it they declare they are "First Place."

What?

Who dubbed them First Place? And First Place in what? Reliability? Sales? Repairs?

Anyone got a clue?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Ford Explorer (still) outsells every other SUV by a wide margin.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hop23 said:
Ford Explorer (still) outsells every other SUV by a wide margin.
So ... do you think that is what they mean by First Place? In Sales?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
It's amazing how many they can sell with all those HUGE rebates and 0% financing!!:D

·
Registered
102 Posts
The Ford Explorer may be the number one selling SUV before their Firestone Recall but what about since? The controversy over the old design Explorer may have serious side effects on the new model sales as well as resale value of the previous design. There are at least two more brand new offerings in the SUV segment (that I can think of at the moment) since the tire recall; the Toyota Highlander and our pride and joy Pilot. I think the MDX was just introduced when the ____ hit the fan at Ford .

I think most consumers look for quality, not necessarily quantity.
I, for one am not impressed by numbers of vehicles produced.

2003 #09131 SS EX

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
a2Pilot said:
It's amazing how many they can sell with all those HUGE rebates and 0% financing!!:D
Sadly, the Explorer is one of the best things Detroit produces. Which doesn't say much for Detroit.

·
Registered
138 Posts
TV Commercial for Ford Explorer

No doubt, I think Ford Explorer TV commercial is 1st.

Everyone is watching the TV commercial closely. They want to make sure the tires on the car is not Firestone..... :2:

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
who cares?

Who cares if the Explorer is #1 in units sold, assuming that's what they are referring to. All that means is they crank out more which means more problems and recalls and less exclusivity. Please, and the press calls the Pilot 'mainstream'.?:confused:

Would you take the Ferrari or the Camry based on sales volume?

Take into account fleet sales, too. The Big Three love to pad their numbers with all the disposable rental cars and government cars they virtually donate.

The only thing the Explorer is #1 at is RECALLS!

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SO ... I couldn't stand it any longer.

I wrote to Ford asking them what it was that made them "First Place." First place of what? I'll letcha know what they tell me.

Kinda like FORD though. You could make the coolest things out of their name.

Found
On
Road
Dead

Fix
Or
Repair
Daily

For
Only
Retarded
Drivers ...

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Fixed
Or
Rebuilt
Dodge

:2:

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
(laughing and clapping hands)

I love it

Ya know, I just had a thought. Could you imagine what it would have been like 20+ years ago if automotive forums like this were available so that people could post their gripes and glories? Let's just hypothetically make up a few forum threads for an old Ford vehicle. Whatchathink?

Welcome to the...
FORD PINTO FORUM

My daughter backed into the mailbox and the car blew up and caught fire. Has this happened to anyone else?

:)

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
:21: LOL!!!

The Net changes everything!

·
Registered
486 Posts
From
Our
Recent
Divorce

Party
Is
Longer
On
Tequilla

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
copperpoppy said:
Welcome to the...
FORD PINTO FORUM

My daughter backed into the mailbox and the car blew up and caught fire. Has this happened to anyone else?
No, but I've been hearing some disturbing rumors about the Firestone 500s I just bought....
:22:

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ralph Nader

And imagine IF the net were around when Ralph Nader took the Corvair to task for being unsafe.

Things could have been much different in the 60's and 70's had the internet been around.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Latest Update from Ford

THIS is getting funny...

... I received a response from Ford regarding my "Why are YOU First Place?" request. They wanted to know what region of the country I am in, what channel on TV I saw the commercial on, what date and what time did it air.

I wrote them back and said I lived in Arizona.

They are having their research team look into it.

"DUH"-A-MUNGO! Excuse me but, how stupid is THAT? If you represent that you are "First Place" then surely it should be pretty easy to be able to tell someone what you are First Place IN? I mean the Arizona Diamondbacks can say they are First Place. When people ask, "First Place of what?" They can say American Baseball's World Series.

If anyone is interested, I'll keep you posted. This isn't some earthshattering thing I'm trying to expose here. I'm not trying to cause trouble either, but it IS starting to get kind of comical that they can't even give me a straight answer.

How ridiculous.

·
Registered
163 Posts
New Commercial Wanted

I agree with you all. What about Honda Pilot Commercial? Today, I drove by the mall and a lady aproached and asked me how is this new SUV never heard of it. I showed her interior and now she would like to test drive it.

Another friend of mine thought that it is CRV. I had to explain him the difference between Pilot and CRV.

Nobody knows about this NEW PILOT. I expect Honda would come up with a new commercial like TOYOTA (just suggestion).:8:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts