Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of installing the foglights for the Pilot now, and I 'd like those who have done so to their Pilots to let me know if you have the foglights installed with different switch for them instead of wiring them to the headlights wires.That's how I 'd like mine to be like,both sets of lights are controled by separate switches.That way,when I want only headlights on,only them will be on and likewise for the foglights.I wonder if anyway or how we could use the spare-switch-space for foglights?

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
The kit comes with the switch and relays.
The factory method only allows them to be on when your low beams are on. (you can always shut them off).

I posted a modification that allows them to be on any time the park (running) lights are on. (you can still shut them off)

I do not recommend you wire them for use without park/running lights as you might accidentally have front lights on, but no tail lights (illegal, and a BAD idea) (Unless you are driving away from a crime, which is what every cop will think if he sees you this way)!

In both cases they do not run off the headlight power, they have their own battery connection and control relay.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks N_Jay

Thanks for the info.
By the way,I'm not a criminal(not now anyway)so I do want front and rear lights on at night.Oh, would you tell me what brand of foglights you've gotten?I remember seeing some with the remote that allow one to turn on-off the foglights from feets away from the vehicle,do you have any knowledge of those?

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
I have the factory lights, but will be adding a set of Driving/Fog lights on a Westin Safari Bar soon.
The factory lights use the factory harness modified to allow Fogs with Park lights.

The Driving/fog lights will be wired in to give me a few choices.
1) Rural - Lots of Oncoming traffic
Off w/ Lows
Fogs w/ Highs

2) Highway - Little Oncoming traffic
Fogs w/ Lows
Driving w/ Highs

3) Real Fog
Fogs w/ Park

·
Registered
194 Posts
N_Jay

When are you going to install that Westin Bar? Make sure you take pictures.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Soon

As soon as I have a day when the "Honey Do" list is not too long, and the garage floor is not too wet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts