Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
2009 Pilot EX-L
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Water Pump & Gasket
AISIN-WPH801 Honda OEM 19200-RDV-J01

Fit 06-15 Acura Honda 3.0L 3.5L 3.7L AISIN Water Pump J-Engines J30 J35 J37. Condition is "New".

Originally purchased brand new as part of AISIN TKH-002 kit but my new mechanic in a new state would not install a non-OEM Honda water pump. Lots of rave reviews on this kit from this forum is why I bought it. Will include a copy of my original RockAuto.com receipt for warranty purposes. Brand new, unopened and not installed. Will accept PayPal. $49 plus $16 shipping. I will include a copy of my original receipt dated 2/4/2021 from RockAuto.com for warranty purposes.

Registered
Water Pump & Gasket
AISIN-WPH801 Honda OEM 19200-RDV-J01

Fit 06-15 Acura Honda 3.0L 3.5L 3.7L AISIN Water Pump J-Engines J30 J35 J37. Condition is "New".

Originally purchased brand new as part of AISIN TKH-002 kit but my new mechanic in a new state would not install a non-OEM Honda water pump. Lots of rave reviews on this kit from this forum is why I bought it. Will include a copy of my original RockAuto.com receipt for warranty purposes. Brand new, unopened and not installed. Will accept PayPal. $49 plus $16 shipping
Is it not the same as the OEM pump?

Registered
2009 Pilot EX-L
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it not the same as the OEM pump?
I just moved to Hawaii this year. I should have had the timing belt and water pump changed before I left California as my mechanic would have used it. The Hawaiian mechanic says they wouldn't do the work to change the water pump if I didn't have a Honda water pump from Honda. :eek::rolleyes: I have no clue. I bought the AISIN based on the rave reviews and the suggestion of many owners on this Piloteers.org forum.

Registered
I just moved to Hawaii this year. I should have had the timing belt and water pump changed before I left California as my mechanic would have used it. The Hawaiian mechanic says they wouldn't do the work to change the water pump if I didn't have a Honda water pump from Honda. :eek::rolleyes: I have no clue. I bought the AISIN based on the rave reviews and the suggestion of many owners on this Piloteers.org forum.
Oh ... well, in that case, keep the water pump, get rid of the Hawaiian mechanic.馃槈

Registered
2009 Pilot EX-L
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh ... well, in that case, keep the water pump, get rid of the Hawaiian mechanic.馃槈
There's very limited amount of mechanics here in Hawaii that really knows what they are doing... very few. Same goes for most industries. The work was completed yesterday with a water pump from Honda distributor.

Registered
2009 Pilot EX-L
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A lack of competition is never a good thing... for consumers.
Especially when they can't give you an exact estimate before the work, it's a wide range, 50% difference from low end to high. Luckily, this guy didn't rip me off. He ended up on low end, actually cheaper than my old mechanic in California by $100. And he told me everything to be concerned about and keep an eye on in the next few years. But he's a stickler or parts from Honda only for what he considers important.

Registered
Especially when they can't give you an exact estimate before the work, it's a wide range, 50% difference from low end to high. Luckily, this guy didn't rip me off. He ended up on low end, actually cheaper than my old mechanic in California by $100. And he told me everything to be concerned about and keep an eye on in the next few years. But he's a stickler or parts from Honda only for what he considers important.
Well, if you're happy, I'm happy. Good luck selling the pump!

Registered
I wish we would have known before he refused your Aisin pump. Aisin being an Honda OEM supplier. You could have shown him this photo of Honda/Aisin.

Reactions: plplplpl
1 - 9 of 9 Posts