Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 Honda Pilot EX-NAV, silver/gray leather, Navigation, all the available wood from Honda (steering whl, shift, dash, doors), excellent condition, no accidents, 15K miles, $29,800 obo.

I love this car, but unfortunately, I need to get a bigger car now due to work.

If anyone is interested or knows anyone who may be interested and lives in So Cal, please let me know!

Thanks!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Give some thought to "ebay". They sell a car every 2 minutes, I'm told.

·
Registered
483 Posts
vkarcher said:
Give some thought to "ebay". They sell a car every 2 minutes, I'm told.
Ditto that, I've been told that it does work and ebay's price is quite reasonable. good luck

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
tonyrwc said:
Ditto that, I've been told that it does work and ebay's price is quite reasonable. good luck
Double-ditto!! While I have never sold a car on ebay, I have bought and sold motorcyles there with good results. Good luck!

:D

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
colorider said:

Double-ditto!! While I have never sold a car on ebay, I have bought and sold motorcyles there with good results. Good luck!

:D
I don't get it?? :8: I can't imagine buying a used car without taking a test drive. Buying a car on-line seems awfully risky to me. Of course, I'm not exactly known for jumping in to buying one the conventional way either. :bonk:

·
Registered
483 Posts
florida_guy said:

I don't get it?? :8: I can't imagine buying a used car without taking a test drive. Buying a car on-line seems awfully risky to me. Of course, I'm not exactly known for jumping in to buying one the conventional way either. :bonk:
Actually the buyers are usally local and they do get to test drive them before they buy them. I have heard of people selling exotic cars this way to buyers from all over . But in most cases the buyers are from your local area.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
tonyrwc said:
Actually the buyers are usally local and they do get to test drive them before they buy them. I have heard of people selling exotic cars this way to buyers from all over . But in most cases the buyers are from your local area.
Sometimes yes and sometimes no. I sold my previous BMW (motorcycle) to a guy clear across the state and I bought my last BMW from a guy clear out in South Carolina!! No test rides in either case. I have also bought and sold bikes with with people in California. In one case, I had a friend that lived nearby go look at the bike before I actually bought it.

YMMV

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
florida_guy said:

Not what I heard!!! The word on the street is that you have a 2008 Pilot on order (with a cancellation clause in the contract, based on the stereo and the NAV system)!!!!

:2: :2:

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
colorider said:

Not what I heard!!! The word on the street is that you have a 2008 Pilot on order (with a cancellation clause in the contract, based on the stereo and the NAV system)!!!!

:2: :2:
And my approval of the interior lining of the glove compartment. :bonk:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Honda Mini Trail

Sorry to interrupt here, but colorider, since you know about bikes, do you have any idea what a fair price for a '73 Honda Mini Trail H model might be? All original and excellent condition. It's been kept in the garage. I've got one for sale.

Thanks,
Linda

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Re: Honda Mini Trail

Linda Curtis said:
Sorry to interrupt here, but colorider, since you know about bikes, do you have any idea what a fair price for a '73 Honda Mini Trail H model might be? All original and excellent condition. It's been kept in the garage. I've got one for sale.

Thanks,
Linda
Linda Curtis: I was just in touch with colorider this morning and he is on hiatus temporarily, so you may not get a reply from him right away -- just wanted to let you know... :)

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts

Linda Curtis said:

Thanks,
Linda
Linda,
I've been off the list for sometime and finally snuck back in today. When I get home tonight, I'll look through some of my info on used bike prices. Another option is to contact your local stealer - I mean dealer - and ask them what the going price is.

It's been a while since I dabbled with the little trail bikes - is this a 70cc or a 50cc? The little Trail 70's were VERY popular for many years.

·
Registered
66 Posts
All my friends had those Trail 70s...loved them. Then Honda came out with the SL-70. I got one of those instead of the Trail...it had real spokes for the wheels and became even more popular.

AAAAAHHHHHHHH--those were THE days.:)

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
dirkpitt said:
All my friends had those Trail 70s...loved them. Then Honda came out with the SL-70. I got one of those instead of the Trail...it had real spokes for the wheels and became even more popular.

AAAAAHHHHHHHH--those were THE days.:)
Yepper - I had two of the SL-70's. Great little bikes.

TOO MANY days ago!!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Honda Mini Trail

Hi Colorider and All,

Thanks for your input! My bike was a real find but the fact is I'm not riding it so I want to find a person who will appreciate the collector aspect as I have and USE IT! I love this bike and the
condition is A+. Do you all understand the H-Model? That is four gears and they all work like a dream. I'm looking for best offer, central CA.

Linda

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts

Linda Curtis said:
Hi Colorider and All,

Thanks for your input! My bike was a real find but the fact is I'm not riding it so I want to find a person who will appreciate the collector aspect as I have and USE IT! I love this bike and the
condition is A+. Do you all understand the H-Model? That is four gears and they all work like a dream. I'm looking for best offer, central CA.

Linda
I just noticed your sig line!!! Great color choice on the Pilot and "WOW" on the '62 bug! Did you check to see if it is a 50cc or a 70cc model? I have the Honda ID book at home and can look up what the model "H" was, but I think the real distinction is going to be if it is the 50 or 70. I know they made the 70 in 1973, but I don't remember when the 50 was introduced. My sister and brother-in-law had two of the Trail 70's. GREAT bikes for "trailing". We had SL-70's at the time and had many fine rides with them.

:)

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Linda Curtis said:
Hi Colorider,

My Honda Mini Trail is a 70.

Thanks!
Linda
Great - let me do some looking this weekend and see if I can come up with some idea on $$.

Once you decide on a price, I would suggest eBay and/or CycleTrader. I have bought and sold several bikes on eBay with great success. I can also post it on the ST1100 list that I am on and maybe hook you up with a buyer there.

:)

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Linda Curtis said:
Hi Colorider,

My Honda Mini Trail is a 70.

Thanks!
Linda
Linda,
I did a little snooping around and it sure looks to me that the little 70's can draw a pretty decent price since they are "collectors". Here is a Model H that sounds similar to your (just a year apart).

eBay is another source and when I looked as some there, they were all bringing well over $400 to $500.

Have you ever done the eBay thing? It is not that bad.

Do you have a picture of the bike and do you know how many miles are on it?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Colorider,

Thanks SO much for your help. You have verified my thoughts about a price with the photo and listing of the bike you sent. It looks exactly like mine, even the same color. I paid $800 for it so I guess I'll stick with that. I was hoping it would be some kind of special and extremely rare treasure and would go for millions! I guess we all think that way about our beloved toys. It is in such beautiful and original condition with only 752 miles and the original tool kit. One small ding in front fender.

I've looked around on eBay but have never sold anything through them. Along with learning how to send photos through the Internet, the eBay thing is on my list of technology skills to master. My second graders are getting way ahead of me!

Linda

1 - 20 of 24 Posts