Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran into a few things while shopping for our Elite.

Destination fee - Anyone who was dead set on destination, I told them no deal. Our final price on our Elite was 41,5 including destination which was fine because that price was the absolute lowest by far. If the dealer tries to tack it on, simply tell them no deal and walk.

Truecar / Costco - Use these prices as a starting point if anything, but do not just use it as a drop dead "buy it now" price because a few dealers around me used those prices as their drop dead lowest price which is an absolute lazy way to sell cars and a lazy way to buy a car.

This is the third Pilot Elite in our family family so I learned alot what the dealers can and can't do on these. Even though you may be getting a few grand off sticker, there is always plenty more if you work at it. I did 98% of my shopping via email and phone calls and got exactly where I needed to be pretty easily!

Powertrain / warranties - Some places offer 10yr 100k, 20yr 200k "dealership" warranties on their cars which is nice and all but when you go to make they deal they lean back on the warranty and reflect that in their pricing. For less money, you can get a real Hondacare warranty from Saccucci, Hyannis Honda, and a few others at wholesale price rather then paying the inflated vehicle price for one of those 10 or 20yr warranties.

Accessories - my wife wanted diecast steps, but Bernardi wanted $130 shipping which was criminal. I went to a local Honda place this morning and the parts guy matched an online price and didnt charge shipping at all. Just pick it up there next day and that was it. If you are in the same boat, see if you can try the same thing on the high dollar items like running boards.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Any trade in involved?

·
Registered
243 Posts
It's all just negotiation, be it delivery fee, accessories, doc fees or trade in value. What matters is the out-the-door cost.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts