Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a really stupid question, but I have never owned a vehicle with fog lights. Are the fog lights only supposed to work with the low beams? When I switch on the high beams the fog lights go out! Since they were installed by Honda, I am assuming this is the correct setup.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Fog lights

Never mind my previous question. Found the answer.

NOTE: The lamps are turned off when the high-beams are engaged because Federal law limits the number of lights that are to be functional at the same time. I believe this magic number is four. Remember, high beams are the culmination of the (2) low-beam filaments plus the (2) high beam filaments which equals four. In the same respect the (2) low-beam filaments plus the (2) fog lamp filaments is equal to four. Obey the law (and out of common courtesy to other drivers) do not have the fog lamps engaged while using the high beams.

·
Registered
76 Posts
So are we to assume that the high beam setting on the Pilot's headlights adequate for driving in thick fog? I remember when we used to have a Honda Passport, we went into some dense fog and when I hit the high beam the visibility worsened. It is due to this that I'm contemplating separate fog lights.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Alamat said:
So are we to assume that the high beam setting on the Pilot's headlights adequate for driving in thick fog? I remember when we used to have a Honda Passport, we went into some dense fog and when I hit the high beam the visibility worsened. It is due to this that I'm contemplating separate fog lights.
When I had my Honda Passport (aka Isuzu Rodeo), I added the brush grill guard and PIAA fog lights to it -- I like SUVs with fog lights..... ;) :4:

Attachments

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
1) Brights are not to be used with or without fog lights in fog or "blinding snow", as they will allways reduce your visibility!

2) Not sure about the "filiments count, as that does not make sense in H4 type headlights since the low beams are turned off when the high are turned on, and looking from the front the "count" of lights stays the same (unlike 4 headlight vehicles).

·
Registered
76 Posts
So..u will fog lights right? And u will use them with low beam lights? I guess Honda made it that way so u have to have low beams and the fogs.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Does Anyone Have These?

All the fog lights I have seen have a dark gray housing that matches the gray trim on the lower front bumper. This looks fine. Today, I found this photo that shows fog lights with a housing that matches the body color - pretty slick! Does anyone have these? Perhaps they were custom painted?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Re: Does Anyone Have These?

foxhallow said:
All the fog lights I have seen have a dark gray housing that matches the gray trim on the lower front bumper. This looks fine. Today, I found this photo that shows fog lights with a housing that matches the body color - pretty slick! Does anyone have these? Perhaps they were custom painted?
I tend to think they were custom painted. Also, at least on my monitor, the overall paint color appears more of a fire-engine red than a Red-Rock-Pearl Red. Maybe the color in the picture was "electronically enhanced," or more likely, just didn't reproduce "true."

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Re: Does Anyone Have These?

foxhallow said:
Think it is a press pic of the Pre-release Pilot Prototype.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
GonnaBe1 said:
Are fog lights a DIY project?
It depends!:2:

A few people have writen up the process.
I have notes on some electrical changes that make it a bit easier, but it is taking off the front bumper that scares most people away (realy not hard if you have common sense and some mechanical skill.)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts