Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here's the deal. We came out to our 2012 Pilot Touring with 130K this morning to find all of our windows open about 6" and our sunroof open a smidge as well. Not quite sure how that happened, maybe something to do with the key fob?

Sad part is that we had a huge rainstorm last night so the interior was pretty soaked. Stereo works, gauges work, nothing seems amiss, except that now the fog lights won't turn off. The car has been turned off, the switch has been turned off and I've yelled countless obscenities at it. The VTM-4 light came on as well. I had been putting off changing the rear diff fluid for long enough, so I changed that today. I unhooked the battery, thinking this might reset things but that only reset the radio. VTM-4 light is still on, no codes were thrown and the fog lights won't turn off. I read somewhere that it may be an O2 sensor but that doesn't seem to make sense to me. (fuel/air mixture = fog lights = rear differential?)

I unhooked the battery and came inside.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Gremlins! Sorry no idea at all, but your windows opened because of the "awesome" feature Honda added that if you hold the lock button down for a bit it opens every window. Yeah! This happens by accident more than on purpose I believe. Basically if fob is in your pocket and you lean on something for a minute, go check your windows!! This has happened to me at least four times thankfully never when raining. It's a completely stupid feature. No, you can't turn it off. I thought you might ask that. LoL.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
If the electronics got wet I’d disconnect the battery then try to dry everything out as much as possible. If you have a shopvac try to get to any water which may have seeped into the switches, etc.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Remove fuse 10 (20A) in the main under-hood fuse/relay box. This will remove power from the fog lamp relay and control circuit so you can operate the vehicle without running the battery down.

Find the fog light relay and remove it. Removing the relay removes power from the fog lamps so you can operate the vehicle without running the battery down. In the socket, there are 4 terminals. You'll find power at pins 1 and 4 while the fuse is installed, regardless of ignition switch or other controls positions. Verify that with a Voltmeter, battery voltage referenced to chassis ground. Pin 2 is the connection to the actual fog light bulbs. Now the fun part... The under-dash fuse and control panel includes a module called MICU, which performs the various logic functions associated with lighting among other things. MICU pulls one side of the fog light relay coil towards ground via socket pin 3. Test for voltage using your DMM between pins 3 and 4 after verifying that you have battery voltage at 4. If the MICU is trying to get the fog lights to work, you'll see close to battery voltage. With key off you should see virtually no voltage there; if you see close to battery voltage, the problem is in the MICU itself. If you see virtually no voltage there, replace the fog light relay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts