Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am picking up a Pilot this week (Black/Grey EX-L) and will be adding the lower trim and quite a few other options. However, after reviewing the instructions for the fog light installation, I don't think I am up for it. I also am interested in the Xenon HID-look bulbs for the headlights/fog lights.

Please share your thoughts on whether I should have my dealer install the OEM fog lights, or if there are other options I should be considering:

- Are there other competetive or superior aftermarket products?
- If I buy the OEM package online ($276), is this something I could trust another non-dealer shop that services Hondas to install (and come out well ahead)?

Thanks for your thoughts!:)

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Factory lights

If the dealer is doing the trim, then have them do the lights.
Just don't allow them to double chanre you for the labor, as the removal and replacement of the bumper needs to be done only once.

If you are doing the trim, then do the lights yourself. It is easy. Read some of the articals posed on them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!! I will study the fog light install. I was planning on installing the lower trim and did note the labor was duplicative (as it is with the fluid cooling systems components of the towing package).

You may have given me the courage to do it myself!

Kent

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
The bumper is the hard part. The rest was easy.
I did the lights and the coolers at the same time.
The trim seems like a lot of $$ for a bit of non-fuctional plastic.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I will be studying the relevant threads and hope to pick up the tips on this project and the lower trim install!

Kent

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was going to have the dealer install the foglights for me, but noticed that they didn't come with the lower trim. I asked about the lower trim, and they said it would be an extra $430 for that!! So now I'm thinking I'll do it myself. I was wondering.. does the kit from hondacuraworld come with the lower trim and fog lights for $299? I noticed that the kit was the same with and without the trim, so was curious.

thanks,
steve

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
steve457 said:
I was going to have the dealer install the foglights for me, but noticed that they didn't come with the lower trim. I asked about the lower trim, and they said it would be an extra $430 for that!! So now I'm thinking I'll do it myself. I was wondering.. does the kit from hondacuraworld come with the lower trim and fog lights for $299? I noticed that the kit was the same with and without the trim, so was curious.

thanks,
steve
Hi Steve... Welcome!
The fog lights and the lower trim are 2 seperate accessories. You can get the foglight kit for your Pilot if it doesn't have the lower trim installed or with the lower trim installed.

Care to post your info in the Vin Table?
http://www.honda-pilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=921

:29:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks! I ended up building it into the purchase price - I think the dealer made some mistakes because they committed to install the following for around $750 (equipment and labor) with the initial purchase invoice (with 3 year/36,000 coverage):

- full tow package;
- lower trim;
- fog lights (for lower trim); and,
- auto day/night mirror.

So.... I jumped on it.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
128 Posts
My god!

That's a steal. Good job!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts