Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interested in buying the AWD touring and doing research on it. Looking forward to 2017.

Now, I have seem at some places that fog lights is an optional accessory? But from the feature comparison table (http://automobiles.honda.com/images/2016/pilot/downloads/2016-pilot-specifications-highlights.pdf) I see that Touring includes fog lights. Is there any other kind of fog lights available for this model?

Also, I seem to get the impression that towing capacity for AWD Touring is 5000 lbs, but only with ATF cooler accessory. Without this accessory, the capacity is 3500 lbs. Is this correct? If yes, I would then need to think whether I should get the accessory with the purchase.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Also, I seem to get the impression that towing capacity for AWD Touring is 5000 lbs, but only with ATF cooler accessory. Without this accessory, the capacity is 3500 lbs. Is this correct? If yes, I would then need to think whether I should get the accessory with the purchase.
You are essentially correct regarding the towing limits, AWD gets 5000 lbs with ATF Cooler installed. I attached the excerpt from the owners manual here. Note that 5000 lbs is the upper limit to include any cargo and extra passengers in the vehicle.

In case its relevant for you the ATF cooler for Touring and Elite models runs approx $300 where as for the lower trims it is $130 (At least on Handa.com)

Attachments

·
Registered
511 Posts
Not sure what other fog light U want.. The Touring does have fog lights.. I along with many have replaced the bulbs with LED bulbs.....But I got rid of mine because of transmission problems that were getting worse..

·
Registered
128 Posts
Not sure what other fog light U want.. The Touring does have fog lights.. I along with many have replaced the bulbs with LED bulbs.....But I got rid of mine because of transmission problems that were getting worse..
I'm having transmission problems also. How did you get rid of yours?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts