Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what kind of bulbs are in the Honda fog lights? Are they H3? And how hard are they to replace/upgrade?

·
Registered
152 Posts
tledjazz,

I was also wondering that. If nobody answers by tomorrow, I plan to take one of my fog lights apart to find out. I'll post what I find out. I'd like to replace the original bulbs with either a Silverstar or a yellow/all-weather bulb.

BTW, nice avatar! I'm a Pitt CAS '81 grad in computer science. Bummer about the Sweet 16 game - unfortunately I didn't get to see it.

Mark B

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
tledjazz said:
Can anyone tell me what kind of bulbs are in the Honda fog lights? Are they H3? And how hard are they to replace/upgrade?
H3, but if the DD (Darn Dealer) left you the fog light manual page he was suposte to you would not have to take one apart!

·
Registered
152 Posts
N_Jay,

Thanks! :) I'll ask Tim if he can add the fog light manual to the other ones on his web site. It might show how to replace the bulb without taking the whole thing apart.

Mark B

·
Registered
152 Posts
Thanks kemosabe! :) :) :)

I'm glad you decided to stay, not only for your contributions, but also for your pictures!!

markb

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Mark B said:
Thanks kemosabe! :) :) :)

I'm glad you decided to stay, not only for your contributions, but also for your pictures!!

markb
Anytime, MarkB!!! Always glad to help out!!! (What about my "picture contributions" too???) :D :D :D

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Kemosabe! I'm glad you decided to stick around too. This sounds kinda complicated. How long does it take? I'm getting my fogs in next week and I want to put ion crystal bulbs in. Think I should try to get the dlr to put them in B4 the install?

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
tledjazz said:
Thanks Kemosabe! I'm glad you decided to stick around too. This sounds kinda complicated. How long does it take? I'm getting my fogs in next week and I want to put ion crystal bulbs in. Think I should try to get the dlr to put them in B4 the install?
tledjazz: Hmmm... sorry, but I can't really help you on this one (how long it takes) because I had the dealer install my fogs and I haven't had the need to replace the bulbs yet. I just had a reference to the instructions on how to replace them so I posted them for Mark B but I, myself, have not had the privilege of actually doing it.... yet. One day, I might. I'm sure someone else has probably taken the housing apart -- anyone? Anyone??? :8:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Maybe I'l just pop the bulbs in B4 he dlr installs the lights. Thanx again.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for the Fog Light Replacement Info

Thanks for the good info. I bought the eurodezigns bulbs for both the headlights and the fogs and this helped for the fog light part.

Much appreciated!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update

I did put PIAA H3 Ion crystal bulbs in my foglights before they were installed. No problems, and replacing the bulbs only took a few minutes.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Mark B said:
N_Jay,

Thanks! :) I'll ask Tim if he can add the fog light manual to the other ones on his web site. It might show how to replace the bulb without taking the whole thing apart.

Mark B

Sorry to hijack this tread but where is the web site with the pilot manuals?
I am looking for the procedure to remove the Climate control blower fan. Need to remove leaves and such from the A/C duct. ajm

·
Registered
152 Posts
moe-jiller said:
I am looking for the procedure to remove the Climate control blower fan. Need to remove leaves and such from the A/C duct. ajm
Have you tried cleaning or replacing the dust and pollen filter? When I replaced mine, it had a bunch of small leaves and lots of dust/dirt. I'm not sure if the filter is before the blower fan, but it should be.

Mark B

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
moe-jiller said:

As Mark B suggested, try to clean the inside of the cabin filter box of debris, and maybe this will solve your problem. Check here for instructions on DIY cabin filter replacement.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts