Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1541 - 1544 of 1544 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2016 Pilot Touring that is giving me a perplexing problem. After having the audio system turned on for a few minutes (regardless of whether the car engine is on or off), I start hearing static noise - faintly at first, then it builds louder and louder until it overcomes whatever I was listening to. It happens whether I am listing to radio, iPod, Bluetooth, or phone. Doesn't matter whether I am listening to music, podcast, or audiobook. The static is in front and rear, left and right. It gets so loud that finally there is no way to hear anything else.
Now here's the weirdest part: The only thing NOT affected is the navigation system "voice" - so if I'm going somewhere using the navigation GPS system, the voice that comes on to tell me to turn or go straight is not affected by the static - I can hear "her" voice perfectly fine coming through the "center channel" speaker.
I have tried turning off the A/C, but doesn't affect the static problem.
But why is the Nav system the only thing not having the problem? I am wondering if the Nav system has a different amplifier.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I might be wrong, but I think the navy doesn't use the center speaker. I had a static distortion noise in my 2017 touring, and I nailed it to the speaker above the nav screen.
Been fine since it was replaced.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have a 2016 honda pilot in the shop right now getting fixed. I've been wanting to trade it in as its plagued with alot of the problems talked about on here. While its being fixed they gave me a 2019 Honda Pilot as a loaner. I've had the car for a week and the infotainment is the worst. The radio never works. Its usually just static and then it completely cuts out and the screen goes blank. Apple play doesn't work. Same thing. Songs breaks up, screen goes black, says no network connection.

I was going to trade my honda for new model but since this loaner i'm definitely steering clear of Honda. This rental car also only has 1500 miles on it. So brand new and already has this problem.
Thank's for making me feel better . :) I have the 2016 EX and besides the radio the car isn't bad. It's good to know I don't have to envy 2019 owners or higher trim owners.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We bought a 2016 EX-L with high miles at our local dealer and were happy with purchase except the FM reception. The service advisor and I did a joint test drive he was able to nail down the issue and discovered there was a Service Bulletin 16-025 to replace the FM tuner for our VIN. I really appreciate the forum because when I saw 78 pages mentioning this issue I figured there had to be others affected. I see others had the TSB done as well. I guess the previous owners just lived with the issue or did not listen to music on FM. Now if I could just have subwoofer with any detectable bass.....

1541 - 1544 of 1544 Posts