Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last 15 years or so I've been using Fluid Film on cars, trucks and boat trailers. It works great and is easy to apply. A year ago I did the bottom of my new Pilot a few days after I bought it. I'm lucky enough to have access to a lift. I just took a look this morning and the bottom of the Pilot looks like it just came off the assembly line. If you plan to keep your for a while I would suggest buying a few cans and spraying it on.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I don't have access to a lift that way. I drove 2 hours and paid to have it done. I did that about 2 weeks after picking it up last year. Brought it this year for touch up / re-spray, no rust on any bolts or surfaces. If I don't buy out the lease somebody will get a preserved Pilot.

I didn't do it with the Sequoia which just started rot out everywhere underneath and through wheel wells resulting in the Pilot. Hindsight 20/20. I should have traveled to have it done (but back then closest place I found was 6 hours each way).

I might try the woolwax next year. This years application of Fluid Film was (still is) especially "fragrant" . Woolwax has less smell supposedly and is black colored.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts