Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick note to tell you that I'm still alive. I've had no life outside of work. 14.5 hours yesterday.

Fortunately for me I have a pre-planned trip with non-refundable airline tickets from now through Monday that they couldn't cancel on me.

I really, really, need the break.

I'll be in Gatlinburg to among other things tube down the little pigeon forge river. Of course, they did have some weather problems both rain and tornados in the area this week so it should be interesting.

Looking forward to getting back on here regularly when work gives me my life back.

Gott a run! Security check points await. :)

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Hey florida_guy, have a fun and safe trip! That tubing down the river thing sounds like a whole lot of fun. We'll talk to you again once you get back in one piece :D

·
Registered
342 Posts
Knowing florida_guy, he won't be in one piece...

;)

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
enjoy and have a safe trip

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Lookin' forward to another chapter of...
"Florida_Guy's Mid-Adventures!"
Be safe & see ya when you get back. ;)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Calling Kemosable...

Shall we wait for stories of this trip? Or should we demand that Kemo go ahead and give us a dose of a river-rapids-challenged Florida_Guy spilling out of his trusty intertube.

·
Admin Du Jour ®
989 Posts
Yep, this vacation sounds like it'll be good for another Chapter in the Ongoing (mis)Adventures of Florida_Guy :D

·
Registered
465 Posts
I can't imagine flying up here for Gatlinburg. Maybe because its just a couple hour drive, I don't appreciate it. Is it advertized as a great vacation getaway? I always thought it was just a regional weekend getaway spot. But I guess if you live in a hot climate, the mountains are as great a vacation to you as the ocean is to us.

We were planning a trip to the aquarium in Chattanooga this weekend, but since they intentionally flooded the city in order to save other towns, that idea is now gone. Think we'll head to Hotlanta instead.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Re: Calling Kemosable...

Bigrob said:
Shall we wait for stories of this trip? Or should we demand that Kemo go ahead and give us a dose of a river-rapids-challenged Florida_Guy spilling out of his trusty intertube.
What florida_guy really meant when he said he was going "inner tubing"... ;) :D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sage said:
Lookin' forward to another chapter of...
"Florida_Guy's Mid-Adventures!"
Be safe & see ya when you get back. ;)
Well, the mis-adventures were averted because the tubing people said the water was too cold due to the recent snow fall so we couldn't go but we had a great time anyway. I really needed the time away from work, but now it's back to the grind stone.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
florida_guy said:

Well, the mis-adventures were averted because the tubing people said the water was too cold due to the recent snow fall so we couldn't go but we had a great time anyway. I really needed the time away from work, but now it's back to the grind stone.
Glad you're back safe & sound. Too bad about the tubing thing. I know you were lookin' forward to it. Next time!! :4:

·
Registered
465 Posts
Ok, I know I was all about "Gatlinburg, big deal", but guess where we were Mother's Day weekend...Pigeon Forge, Cherokee, Smoky Mountains in general.

It was a fun trip. Took about an hour and a half for us to get to Cherokee. Didn't do any gambling, but drove around and then up to Gatlinburg and PF for the night. I wished I knew how to get hold of Florida Guy - I was going to try to meet him and let him see how great our Pilot is.:D

Also, we rode the Great Smoky Mountain Railroad on Sunday and went by The Fugitive movie site where the train wreck is, and a few other movie sites. Then we stopped off at the Nantahala Picnic Area and had lunch. Did you know you can get a "Rail and Raft" excursion? You ride the steam train to the drop off point, and then raft back to your vehicle. I thought it was a cool idea. Think we might do that when it warms up a bit. If you are interested, Florida Guy, the web address is www.gsmr.com.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
catbert said:
Ok, I know I was all about "Gatlinburg, big deal", but guess where we were Mother's Day weekend...Pigeon Forge, Cherokee, Smoky Mountains in general.

It was a fun trip. Took about an hour and a half for us to get to Cherokee. Didn't do any gambling, but drove around and then up to Gatlinburg and PF for the night. I wished I knew how to get hold of Florida Guy - I was going to try to meet him and let him see how great our Pilot is.:D

Also, we rode the Great Smoky Mountain Railroad on Sunday and went by The Fugitive movie site where the train wreck is, and a few other movie sites. Then we stopped off at the Nantahala Picnic Area and had lunch. Did you know you can get a "Rail and Raft" excursion? You ride the steam train to the drop off point, and then raft back to your vehicle. I thought it was a cool idea. Think we might do that when it warms up a bit. If you are interested, Florida Guy, the web address is www.gsmr.com.
Sounds like you really had a ball! Take any pics?

·
Registered
465 Posts
yes, I took pictures, but I don't have a digital camera:( .

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
catbert said:
yes, I took pictures, but I don't have a digital camera:( .
If you haven't had them developed yet and you wanna share have them include a CD with processing. No pressure here Catbert... :p

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Sage said:

If you haven't had them developed yet and you wanna share have them include a CD with processing. No pressure here Catbert... :p
Or, she could just scan them in like she did with her other photos of her lovely kid(s) in previous threads!!! :2: :2: :2:

·
Registered
465 Posts
I can't tell if you guys are making fun of me for being in the dark ages or if you feel sorry for me!

I don't know if I should admit this, but I have our IT guy here at work today moving all the files from our old home desktop to our new one. I broke down and bought a new desktop PC for my husband's birthday this week since the Dell's are like $500. To let you know why I have an IT person switching all the info, the old desktop is a Pentium 144, from 1996! running Windows 95. It was starting to have problems coming up, so we decided to break down and get a new one. He had to work a miracle to transfer the files from 95 to XP.

So if you think I am going to buy a digital camera when my Pentax I got at some point in the late '80's is still working perfectly well, you can understand now why I won't.

I'm not cheap (obviously - I bought a $32k vehicle), but I like to get my money's worth out of something!

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
catbert said:

I'm not cheap (obviously - I bought a $32k vehicle), but I like to get my money's worth out of something!
ever used the CD player on the Pilot....or does the tape player suffice ;)

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
catbert said:
I can't tell if you guys are making fun of me for being in the dark ages or if you feel sorry for me!
Nope, I wouldn't make fun of ya, catbert, unless it was good ole natured ribbing!! Ain't nothin' wrong with using 35mm film and scanning the photo in!!! :29: (Just hope your Pentax isn't another name for Polaroid... :19: )

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
catbert said:

I don't know if I should admit this, but I have our IT guy here at work today moving all the files from our old home desktop to our new one. I broke down and bought a new desktop PC for my husband's birthday this week since the Dell's are like $500. To let you know why I have an IT person switching all the info, the old desktop is a Pentium 144, from 1996! running Windows 95. It was starting to have problems coming up, so we decided to break down and get a new one. He had to work a miracle to transfer the files from 95 to XP.

So if you think I am going to buy a digital camera when my Pentax I got at some point in the late '80's is still working perfectly well, you can understand now why I won't.

catbert... No way were we making fun of you! Just suggestions on how to share your pics w/o a digital.
My home PC is just about as archaic as yours - actually just alot of parts rebuilt & mixed together. And I don't own a digital camera either. I have a scanner or get a cd done in pic processing. Someday I will get a new home PC but I'm on all day at work & what I have now at home is sufficient for now.
I'd just like to see real pics of Gatlinburg... Last time I was there I was 13! So you can imagine! :eek:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts