Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the rubber all season mats and noticed that like the stock mats they don't cover the dead pedal area which is by now filthy, any ideas?

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
JJinFLA said:
I just got the rubber all season mats and noticed that like the stock mats they don't cover the dead pedal area which is by now filthy, any ideas?
Do a search, there have been lots of sugestions.
I have found that the 2' x 3' rubber backed carpet door mats fit well under the all weather mats.

Check any home center.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I've posted this before. I just cut out a piece of carpet. I'm working on a better solution. But for now, this will have to do.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
I cut a piece of clear carpet runner to fit under the all weather mats. It covers all of the carpet under the all weather mats and you do not notice it.

Bill

·
Registered
191 Posts
Just in case you are willing to buy a different set of mats, the WeatherTech mats DO cover the dead pedal area. I believe that other aftermarket mats also cover this area...Husky may be one. I know others here have purchased those.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I cut up a cheap Walmart plastic mat to the right shape and layed it under the OEM unit. You can't hardly tell it's there.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
JJinFLA said:
I sure don't know what Honda was thinking when they designed their floor mats this way. Gosh, the dead pedal area is one of the places most subject to soiling! :8:

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
kompers said:
Just in case you are willing to buy a different set of mats, the WeatherTech mats DO cover the dead pedal area. I believe that other aftermarket mats also cover this area...Husky may be one. I know others here have purchased those.
Are these after market mats made specifically to fit the Pilot or are there sort of one size fits all deals?

·
Registered
191 Posts
They are "one size fits all" mats. The front mats fit very well - the rear mats need to be trimmed, but they are made with this in mind. They are made with a number of different areas that can be trimmed off while not looking like you just hacked up your new mats.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Can you post some pictures of the floormats you have? I have the OEM mats, but will switch if they cover the dead pedal area.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Cover it right away!

This is one of my big pet peeves about the Pilot. I'm hoping that the '04 will be taken care of in this area, and I can get a replacement for the drivers side. I think Honda should pay for it IMHO. This car is otherwise an incredible design that I'm still marvelling about, the thing is huge inside, but shorter than an Accord!?!?! That shows design genius. Then I get in every day and see a beat up left foot dead pedal area, a reminder of the moronic floor mat design. No genius there.

Cover your dead pedal area immediately, it'll look like poo really soon if you don't.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Re: Cover it right away!

74PILOTMOM said:
Cover your dead pedal area immediately, it'll look like poo really soon if you don't.
especially if you stepped in poo and get in your Pilot!

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
kompers said:
They are "one size fits all" mats. The front mats fit very well - the rear mats need to be trimmed, but they are made with this in mind. They are made with a number of different areas that can be trimmed off while not looking like you just hacked up your new mats.
Thanks for the info kompers. :)

·
Registered
747 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
I agree weather tech is perfect solution , i don't have problem with them . They perform well with mud and ice ..:eek:

·
Registered
2,484 Posts

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
florida_guy said:

He says he puts them right over the top of the factory ones. I don't get that. Why pay the outrageous price for the factory mats if you are just going to cover them up??
florida_guy: The factory mats came with the vehicle as standard equipment (for both the LX and the EX) so they weren't paid for separately...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Be careful if you put something under OEM All Weather Mats

I had some ribbed rubber matting that I cut to fit under my OEM All Weather Mat. I always first remove the carpet mats because I don't want to get them dirty and want the All Weather Mats to be on the pins so they don't move around.

I found that slush ran down the ribbed matting and melted on the carpet under the OEM All Weather Mat. After I scrubbed the carpet with soap and water, I found I had a small stained area on the carpet.

For the OEM All Weather Mats to really protect the carpet, you need something that covers the dead pedal area and drains ONTO the All Weather Mat.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts