Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Floor Mats

4K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  MiPilot 
#1 ·
Has anyone found any aftermarket floor mats that cover the entire driver side floor including the dead pedal?

I'm thinking a rubber mat with a lip such as the Catch All-Xtreme rather than a carpeted type.

#3 ·
Cheezy??? Maybe but cheap

You might think this is cheezy but since I really don't want to spend much money right now (1st baby one the way), I went down to my local hardware store and purchased 15 ft of clear carpet runner $16.00 and change. I cut it out to the shape of the floor mat and it fits nice. The plastic points help to hold it in place.

I covered the all the mats including 3rd row.

Robinson

#4 ·
I like that idea for covering the dead pedal area rcustom. I may use that and throw my floor mat back on top for the rest of the area.

#5 ·
For my '98 Accord EX-V6 (grey interior), I went down to WalMart and picked up one of those entry carpets (really think with a rubber backing). They usually come rolled up and are a couple of feet long. I just rolled it out and laid my existing mats out on it, and then traced them out with a knife. Worked great, and they're a perfect fit, protecting my original mats. I think it would probably be pretty easy to make any modifications to cover the dead pedal - or you could just cut out a separate piece to cover it.

#6 ·
SoapPlant

Our vehicles are being built the same time frame. Mine is also a Sandstone without the RES. Will they be brothers or sisters?

#7 ·
Quick Question

On the honda accessory page, they show the all-weather floor mats as rubber-like. However, I went to the dealer and on a dealer demo they had that shown as an option, but it had a pack of mats made with a carpet-like texture. Anyone know which are the real all-weather mats, or if the carpet-like ones come standard?

#8 ·
I'm pretty sure that you get the carpeted floor mats as standard. I purchased the all-weather mats for my '98 Accord EX-V6. They're really heavy-duty rubber, and have a texture on them and a lip around the end to prevent any water or thawed snow from rolling off them. I was really happy with them, especially for the winter. Definitely will be adding a pair for the Pilot before the weather gets cruddy in the NorthEast. I purchased from www.hparts.com.

#9 ·
Re: SoapPlant

copilot said:
Our vehicles are being built the same time frame. Mine is also a Sandstone without the RES. Will they be brothers or sisters?
Hey copilot - that's pretty cool! Let's try to keep in touch towards the end of August! Always like to keep tabs on the rest of the "family". We'll have to compare VINs to see how close they are. Would be pretty funny if we were only one apart, huh.

This waiting is killing us. We're so excited to get our new Pilot - our first SUV. I keep tossing and turning at night, I can't sleep (before anyone comments, I know how pathetic that is). I don't know if I can put up with another 45 days (give-or-take) of this...

#10 ·
The standard floor mats that come with the Pilot are carpeted. The all weather mats shown as an accessory are rubber.

However, my issue is that we get a lot of snow, salt, and grime here and I need something that's going to cover the whole dead pedal area in the winter and not just the right half of the drivers side area.

Many of the suggestions here are excellent ideas. If I don't find some mats that meet my needs by winter I'll be going with your suggestions! :4:

#11 ·
WeatherTech Floor Mats

I purchased the WeatherTech Floor Mats.

I Love them. I simply pulled the new, Pilot Floor Mats, put them in the house, and put in the WeatherTech Mats.

They are fairly deep, and I believe the box claims they can hold a quart of water! (Thats alot of snow....:))

Just wanted to pass along my thoughts

Darren

#12 ·
Cheese, FWIW, I got after-market clear mats to go over the OEM cloth ones. They've worked great so far. The driver's side mat covers the dead pedal. Here's a related thread from last month:
http://honda-pilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58

Cheesehead said:
The standard floor mats that come with the Pilot are carpeted. The all weather mats shown as an accessory are rubber.

However, my issue is that we get a lot of snow, salt, and grime here and I need something that's going to cover the whole dead pedal area in the winter and not just the right half of the drivers side area.

Many of the suggestions here are excellent ideas. If I don't find some mats that meet my needs by winter I'll be going with your suggestions! :4:

#13 ·
texaspilot,

Do your Weathertech mats provide more coverage than the factory mats? I'm looking specifically at the drivers side area around the dead pedal.

Thanks for the thread link pjl56 but being in WI I need something that can hold some serious water in the winter. The pics for those mats appear to not have a lip.

Thanks !

#14 ·
Sandstone help

Can anyone (Tim?) tell me if the cargo tray, winter mats, etc will also come in the beige color that will be in the sandstone? :8:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.