Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have WeatherTech in my 2008 and really enjoy it. I threw out my carpet mats because they were torn and filthy.
I recently thought I would like to have the option to switch because I enjoy carpet mats too.

I went to hondaautomotiveparts.com and searched for them. The entire set is $400 or so. Randomly I searched a 2003 and the same set with the same color code were only $50. How is that possible? The part numbers are different but I can't image they changed the shape or fit of the mats between 2003 and 2008. I could be wrong though.
Does anybody know?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm gonna guess that's a stock photo in error, and the listing is for maybe a single mat, like 3rd row? I've never seen WT at a discount

I've always wondered, why the car manufacturers sell us carpeted cars that we have to cover with plastic. They should build them with plastic or rubber floors and we should be buying new carpeted mats every few years

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
I have WeatherTech in my 2008 and really enjoy it. I threw out my carpet mats because they were torn and filthy.
I recently thought I would like to have the option to switch because I enjoy carpet mats too.

I went to hondaautomotiveparts.com and searched for them. The entire set is $400 or so. Randomly I searched a 2003 and the same set with the same color code were only $50. How is that possible? The part numbers are different but I can't image they changed the shape or fit of the mats between 2003 and 2008. I could be wrong though.
Does anybody know?
What color mats do you want?

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm gonna guess that's a stock photo in error, and the listing is for maybe a single mat, like 3rd row? I've never seen WT at a discount

I've always wondered, why the car manufacturers sell us carpeted cars that we have to cover with plastic. They should build them with plastic or rubber floors and we should be buying new carpeted mats every few years
To clarify, I have WT. I am wanting to buy Honda carpet mats.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,306 Posts
I'm going to guess it's simple supply and demand. The demand for 2003 is probably tapering off, @xGS notwithstanding. :)

My 1974 Fiat 128 was like that. But it had other issues...

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm going to guess it's simple supply and demand. The demand for 2003 is probably tapering off, @xGS notwithstanding. :)

My 1974 Fiat 128 was like that. But it had other issues...
But are the mats the same? It’s different part numbers.

·
Registered
10,306 Posts
IIRC, you may have a point there. I have a vague recollection the 2003 doesn't have the raised dead pedal on the driver's left.

Let me check that for you, sir...

"Calling our resident 2003er to the front service desk! @xGS, do you copy?"

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
IIRC, you may have a point there. I have a vague recollection the 2003 doesn't have the raised dead pedal on the driver's left.

Let me check that for you, sir...

"Calling our resident 2003er to the front service desk! @xGS, do you copy?"
They appear to be all the same. The color code is the same as well. I guess I'll order them and hopefully they'll work.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
They appear to be all the same. The color code is the same as well. I guess I'll order them and hopefully they'll work.
You can always forward them for me to try them out. I don’t think anything significantly changed. My grey OEM carpet mats are in mint condition otherwise I’d be interested in the link.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,188 Posts
At that price point you could probably get Weather Techs then apply spray on carpet.😁

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
At that price point you could probably get Weather Techs then apply spray on carpet.😁
I already have weather tech that I got real cheap. I found brand new carpet mats from a 2003 on eBay for $50. I offered $35 and the seller accepted my offer. So I figure there isn’t much to lose at this point. We’ll see

·
Registered
10,306 Posts
I already have weather tech that I got real cheap. I found brand new carpet mats from a 2003 on eBay for $50. I offered $35 and the seller accepted my offer. So I figure there isn’t much to lose at this point. We’ll see
I'm following this thread with interest. I gifted my OEM carpets to my daughter for summertime use, and also gave her some generic winter mats for the snow and slush season. I keep my WeatherTechs in year round, and they don't go over the OEM carpets, only instead of them if you want to use the floor anchor clips, which my OCD compels me to do. :)

Post pics of your results when you get them.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The mats came today. The fit is great, I can’t tell if the color is off though. Maybe I’ve just never had brand new floor mats and so I don’t know what they look like fully clean.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I'm following this thread with interest. I gifted my OEM carpets to my daughter for summertime use, and also gave her some generic winter mats for the snow and slush season. I keep my WeatherTechs in year round, and they don't go over the OEM carpets, only instead of them if you want to use the floor anchor clips, which my OCD compels me to do. :)

Post pics of your results when you get them.
Gave her summer and winter mats? Any yet you won't put a coat of decent wax on her car??? tsk tsk. Some dads....

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
They look great! On the color match ... like atf, they get darker with age.
Definitely an unnecessary purchase but whatever.
We'll see how long before I switch back to the WeatherTech.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts