Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2.5 ton floor jack, but it's small, with a short handle and a narrow width on the wheels. I wanted something larger. I was looking at the Harbor Freight jacks but this went on sale:

It is 3.5 ton (3100 Kilos) instead of the HF 3 ton for a similar price and at least looking at both seems better made. The first project for it will be to jack up the '12 to see if I can figure out if I have bad wheel bearings up front.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,174 Posts
I think I got this one?
It works well so far

Reactions: Nail Grease

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,194 Posts
Now why did you have to go and burst his balloon? Not everyone's a coupon clipper, you know. And nobody like being behind one in the checkout line. :p

I'm sure they're both fine. Just don't none of you crawl under there without good jack stands, too.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
I have a 2.5 ton floor jack, but it's small, with a short handle and a narrow width on the wheels. I wanted something larger. I was looking at the Harbor Freight jacks but this went on sale:

It is 3.5 ton (3100 Kilos) instead of the HF 3 ton for a similar price and at least looking at both seems better made. The first project for it will be to jack up the '12 to see if I can figure out if I have bad wheel bearings up front.
Nice price and nice jack but the shipping expense will be the issue. Costco used to sell the Arcan brand floor jack

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,174 Posts
Nice price and nice jack but the shipping expense will be the issue. Costco used to sell the Arcan brand floor jack
shipping? I picked mine up at a NT store in town. We have at least 3 in the area.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now why did you have to go and burst his balloon? Not everyone's a coupon clipper, you know. And nobody like being behind one in the checkout line. :p

I'm sure they're both fine. Just don't none of you crawl under there without good jack stands, too.
I knew I could likely get it at HF below regular price, but A) the one I got gets me an extra 1000 lbs just in case and B) it seemed better made when comparing the two in the stores

I don't know what shipping costs are.. I have a HF about 30 minutes one way, and Northern Tool about 30 minutes the other way.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,569 Posts
I knew I could likely get it at HF below regular price, but A) the one I got gets me an extra 1000 lbs just in case and B) it seemed better made when comparing the two in the stores

I don't know what shipping costs are.. I have a HF about 30 minutes one way, and Northern Tool about 30 minutes the other way.
You typically get what you pay for. So it's likely worth paying a little more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts